• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sierra Trading Post Corneliani

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spend a bit of time looking around ebay (try the stickied thread.) Corneliani is very nice, but $800 can go a good deal farther on the 'bay.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess i'm the only one that doesn't like it. The shoulders are too heavily padded, and I don't like the shape of the lapel. Of course, it's absolutely serviceable, but for $800, I'd take my chances on ebay.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the same suit, its been going strong now for a little over three years. You'll enjoy it.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like it either, especially for $800.

Aspiringtobe

Reaction score
Interestingly, I am also the same size as the OP, and recently purchased another Corneliani on STP -- not the same suit, but another.

I think you mentioned the suit is for an interview, if you have time, then maybe see what else you can find, but $800 isn't terrible, and the suit looks good.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
I guess i'm the only one that doesn't like it. The shoulders are too heavily padded, and I don't like the shape of the lapel. Of course, it's absolutely serviceable, but for $800, I'd take my chances on ebay.

I'd be very reluctant to buy an $800 suit on eBay, unless the seller had an excellent reputation and return policy. I once paid $450 for a suit that turned out to be an absolutely disaster. It had been falsely represented and was completely unwearable. Things got very ugly before the seller finally agreed to refund my money.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'd be very reluctant to buy an $800 suit on eBay, unless the seller had an excellent reputation and return policy. I once paid $450 for a suit that turned out to be an absolutely disaster. It had been falsely represented and was completely unwearable. Things got very ugly before the seller finally agreed to refund my money.

I once sold a suit on ebay for $450 and I felt kind of uneasy about it. I originally thought the suit, which was a Made in Switzerland Zegna would sell in the $200 range and I thought it was well worth $200, but when people bid it up to $400 I started thinking that someone might not be satisfied with it for $400 (though, it was a $2000 suit, so I guess they should be satisfied). It turned out that the guy I sold it to was very happy and satisfied with it. But, the moral of my story is that when you start throwing around that kind of money on ebay, things can get very tricky.

On the other hand, with STP, if you don't like it, you just put it back in the box, slap on their pre-printed return lable, and done.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arr!!!!
crazy.gif
I just broke down and bought this Corneliani from STP for $654 using the 20% off discount code:

48606725zj.jpg

I think this one should be okay to wear to work though.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
botanist, did you use the 20% off link???

botanist

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional responses everyone. I did not use the 20% off coupon, instead i got 15% off for using my Am Ex. I am considering emailing STD and seeing if they can credit me the difference.

As to Ebay, I did not feel comfortable spending even half the amount on Ebay if I was not able to return the suit.

The suit is for law school interviews, although I do have plenty of time as I only start law school in August. I wanted to do it now because I have the money now and doubt that I will when I am in school. Unfortunately this money was supposed to stretch for both a suit and shoes. Now I'll be trolling the web for some nice Allen Edmonds Park Avenues.

It was shipped this morning and I will post pictures in the next few days. I've been told that I have "anti-style" so I appreciate all of the advice.

Best,

Andy

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andy, AE Park Avenues will be perfect. You will look like a million bucks. Good luck.

dare-

Reaction score
Andy, what size do you wear?

I have a pair of Merlot Park Avenues I'm thinking of selling. 9.5d's. I've only worn them twice for my 1L spring OCI.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's this link, I assume, for first-time purchasers:

http://www.sierratraditions.com/T1/

Not sure what would happen if you tried to use it and had ordered before.

I've used the 20% off coupon twice now (both times for Corneliani suits
devil.gif
). All you have to do is sign up on that link with different e-mail addresses and you will get a new coupon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads