1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sid Mashburn Online Store Live

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DrFaustus, Jul 11, 2011.

1. acridsheep

acridsheep Distinguished Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Glad you enjoyed it, Pocketsquareguy, and thank you for the in depth review of the place.

I'll add only that the staff is genuinely helpful, and seem to relish the opportunity to apply what they do to mere mortals - I went in there in a Brooks Brothers tent and lowly AEs and they didn't sneer too openly.

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Agreed. It's also nice how quick they are to compliment you when you are well dressed. I know I am a prospective customer, but it's cool to hear "Beautiful jacket, is that Cucinelli?" as soon as you walk in. It's also impressive how they are rarely wrong in identifying craftsmanship before they even handle the garment. Attention to detail is king.

3. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Senior Member

Glad to hear of your experience,Pocketsquareguy. Makes me itch to go to Atlanta.

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

Store is really nice, just wish I could afford most items in there since it is very very expensive. The online site is pretty good, gives you a good idea of what he is offering. The thing about the website is that it depicts a boutique clothing store. Very few items but necessities.

5. A.K.A.

A.K.A. Senior Member

I was there last week and tried on a suit jacket by Sartorio(?) for $3,900. They also have their own line sourced in Italy for $995. I have a few of their ready made shirts - both in general size (L), and one that is 16/35. They are slim but not foppish, and the fabrics seem to be worth the $135 to $165 price point.

Also, they have a broad selection of wool Marcolioni socks. I bought seven pair at $24.00 per.

The staff is friendly and helpful. Sid's is worth a visit everytime you visit Atlanta.

6. dieselman89

Once again, great store, if you have the money to spend...

7. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior Member

$1,000/suit ain't bad.

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Seems like a hell of a deal to me...

“...the Sid branded suit was starting to roll in. Apparently it's been in the works for a couple years and it’s perfect - Italian made, Loro Piana fabric, ticket-pocket, 2 button/dual vent, canvas’d, soft-shoulder and partial hand-finishing…all for $995! Yes, $995 not $1995…he’s doing grey and navy wool and tan and navy cotton. It’s really light-weight…even a bit more-so than my Caruso sportcoat.”

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-in-mashburn.html

9. killercadi

killercadi Senior Member

I've bought a few items from SM. Shirts, pants, shoes, and ties. All of them have been of good quality. I like the store.

10. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I'm pretty sure that the SA told me that their Sid branded suits and jackets are made by Caruso.

What really impressed me were their Sartorio jackets. They cost less than Cucinelli and are far better made. They a had an especially colorful one in madras....perfect for a hot and humid evening in Atlanta.

11. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior Member

Guess it's just me, but there's nothing I hate more than flattery from a sales clerk. Especially if it's sincere.

12. yerrow

yerrow Well-Known Member

they don't serve bottled water, its in a glass. but they will serve you bottled beer and bottled coke

13. dieselman89

His post didn't make too much sense. I thought that they offer you water to be hospitable. I dont see how that is trendy/hip. Thats called Southern Hospitality

14. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

One of the oldest, traditional men's stores in Atlanta has offered small bottles of coke on a hot day as long as I can remember (the 70's). I always thought that was very hospitable. Why would anyone possibly interpret it to be anything but a positive???

15. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Senior Member

Any word on when the jackets and suits will be added to the site?