• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sid Mashburn Online Store Live

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it, Pocketsquareguy, and thank you for the in depth review of the place.

I'll add only that the staff is genuinely helpful, and seem to relish the opportunity to apply what they do to mere mortals - I went in there in a Brooks Brothers tent and lowly AEs and they didn't sneer too openly.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Glad you enjoyed it, Pocketsquareguy, and thank you for the in depth review of the place.

I'll add only that the staff is genuinely helpful, and seem to relish the opportunity to apply what they do to mere mortals - I went in there in a Brooks Brothers tent and lowly AEs and they didn't sneer too openly.

Agreed. It's also nice how quick they are to compliment you when you are well dressed. I know I am a prospective customer, but it's cool to hear "Beautiful jacket, is that Cucinelli?" as soon as you walk in. It's also impressive how they are rarely wrong in identifying craftsmanship before they even handle the garment. Attention to detail is king.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Glad to hear of your experience,Pocketsquareguy. Makes me itch to go to Atlanta.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Store is really nice, just wish I could afford most items in there since it is very very expensive. The online site is pretty good, gives you a good idea of what he is offering. The thing about the website is that it depicts a boutique clothing store. Very few items but necessities.

A.K.A.

Reaction score
I was there last week and tried on a suit jacket by Sartorio(?) for $3,900. They also have their own line sourced in Italy for $995. I have a few of their ready made shirts - both in general size (L), and one that is 16/35. They are slim but not foppish, and the fabrics seem to be worth the $135 to $165 price point.

Also, they have a broad selection of wool Marcolioni socks. I bought seven pair at $24.00 per.

The staff is friendly and helpful. Sid's is worth a visit everytime you visit Atlanta.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was there last week and tried on a suit jacket by Sartorio(?) for $3,900. They also have their own line sourced in Italy for $995. I have a few of their ready made shirts - both in general size (L), and one that is 16/35. They are slim but not foppish, and the fabrics seem to be worth the $135 to $165 price point.

Also, they have a broad selection of wool Marcolioni socks. I bought seven pair at $24.00 per.

The staff is friendly and helpful. Sid's is worth a visit everytime you visit Atlanta.

Once again, great store, if you have the money to spend...

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

$1,000/suit ain't bad.

Seems like a hell of a deal to me...

“...the Sid branded suit was starting to roll in. Apparently it's been in the works for a couple years and it’s perfect - Italian made, Loro Piana fabric, ticket-pocket, 2 button/dual vent, canvas’d, soft-shoulder and partial hand-finishing…all for $995! Yes, $995 not $1995…he’s doing grey and navy wool and tan and navy cotton. It’s really light-weight…even a bit more-so than my Caruso sportcoat.”

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-in-mashburn.html

killercadi

Reaction score
I've bought a few items from SM. Shirts, pants, shoes, and ties. All of them have been of good quality. I like the store.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the SA told me that their Sid branded suits and jackets are made by Caruso.

What really impressed me were their Sartorio jackets. They cost less than Cucinelli and are far better made. They a had an especially colorful one in madras....perfect for a hot and humid evening in Atlanta.

Seems like a hell of a deal to me...

“...the Sid branded suit was starting to roll in. Apparently it's been in the works for a couple years and it’s perfect - Italian made, Loro Piana fabric, ticket-pocket, 2 button/dual vent, canvas’d, soft-shoulder and partial hand-finishing…all for $995! Yes, $995 not $1995…he’s doing grey and navy wool and tan and navy cotton. It’s really light-weight…even a bit more-so than my Caruso sportcoat.”

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-in-mashburn.html

JakeLA

Reaction score

I know I am a prospective customer, but it's cool to hear "Beautiful jacket, is that Cucinelli?" as soon as you walk in. It's also impressive how they are rarely wrong in identifying craftsmanship before they even handle the garment. Attention to detail is king.

Guess it's just me, but there's nothing I hate more than flattery from a sales clerk. Especially if it's sincere.

yerrow

Reaction score

The online store has only a fraction of what's in the real store, and it's the less remarkable stuff. Maybe this will change in time and they will broaden the range.

The store itself has some very nice product, and the advice and tailoring is excellent. However I do find the "look how cool we are" – vinyl records, ping pong table, have a bottled water while you browse – a little irritating. There's an arch, so-*******-hip air about it all that's just annoying.

That said, there is no better store in Atlanta.

they don't serve bottled water, its in a glass. but they will serve you bottled beer and bottled coke

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

they don't serve bottled water, its in a glass. but they will serve you bottled beer and bottled coke

His post didn't make too much sense. I thought that they offer you water to be hospitable. I dont see how that is trendy/hip. Thats called Southern Hospitality

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the oldest, traditional men's stores in Atlanta has offered small bottles of coke on a hot day as long as I can remember (the 70's). I always thought that was very hospitable. Why would anyone possibly interpret it to be anything but a positive???

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Any word on when the jackets and suits will be added to the site?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads