• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sid Mashburn Kincaid Suits

Cookenbauer

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forums!

I just posted this over at Askandy, but wanted to get as many opinions as possible. Thanks!

Gents,

Long time lurker first time poster. I recently got hired on my next career and decided I wanted some good suits as a treat. I went over to Sid mashburn and picked up a couple suits. Absolutely wonderful store by the way. Anyway, I Just got them back in the mail and need some much needed advice.

To start with, I love the quality of the suits. They feel and look nice and the full canvas feeling is already spoiling me. But I feel like I need some touch ups. Also a disclaimer upfront, these came straight out of the shipped box, so some of the wrinkles could have been attested to that. As for stats, I'm 6'1 and 190-195 lbs. And now on to the suits...

The navy jacket feels slightly big on me. Ideally I'm looking for a fairly modern and slim look...but not at the expense of looking ridiculous. So aggressively tailored but not skinny if that makes sense. That said, I feel like I can get a little more waist suppression but it's impossible for me to be impartial...so please, by all means, let me know what you guys think.

And here's the charcoal suit I picked up. the jacket is a little more snug. The trousers are cut a little too high on this one but that's an easy fix. My main concern is the back which snags and pulls in multiple places. Hopefully that is also a routine fix as well on the return visit to the tailor. The same goes for the Navy.

Overall, what do you guys think? Also, anyone have thoughts on a creating a slighter taper on the legs? Once again, I'm happy with the suits, but I feel like there needs to be some work done still. But I don't want to go overboard either. So I'm asking for some brutally honest suggestions and feedback! I appreciate it!

Cookenbauer

Reaction score
Shameless bump. Anyone?
1f600.png

d00d

Reaction score
Looks perfect. Old thread I know but I'm looking at reviews of SM now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads