1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sid Mashburn in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dmash, May 31, 2010.

1. dmash

dmash Distinguished Member

Is this store pretty legit for us SF'ers? I'm visiting my lady (lives around the ATL area) over the upcoming weekend and was planning on stopping by. I've also got about 4 dress shirts I was thinking about taking with me to get altered as I can't find a decent tailor around here and I heard Sid's does fantastic work. Maybe he'll give me a discount since we share the same last name.[​IMG] But yeah, any opinions?

2. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

Yes, it's worth a visit and there are nice products available in all price ranges. Note that it's also closed on Sundays.

3. niidawg3

niidawg3 Distinguished Member

arguably the best men's store in town

4. robin

robin Stylish Dinosaur

5. cmacey

cmacey Senior Member

+1.

6. pwy95a

pwy95a Senior Member

You'll really enjoy it. Plus, Dao is a fantastic tailor.

7. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Distinguished Member

I would argue that it's the best men's store in the country. Business takes me to Atlanta several times a year and I always try to stop in to see Sid and his guys.

8. videocrew

videocrew Senior Member

I've been to many of the places they celebrate here on SF, and Sid is right at the top of the best clothing stores I've ever been to. Really great taste and great products from that guy.

9. dmash

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really am looking forward to this weekend now! Also, great to hear about his tailor, it's always a warm feeling knowing your clothes are in good hands.

10. jacnyr

jacnyr Well-Known Member

I'll have to give it a try.

11. ramuman

ramuman Distinguished Member

Sid and the Ralph Lauren store in Lenox might be the only two good places in Atlanta for clothing and Sid and his staff are great. I use Mario Bosco for tailoring though - I think his shop is worth the somewhat higher prices. Stop by the Figo and grab a Panini after stopping by Sid - it's a laid back spot for a decent lunch. I actually just finished packing a couple of Sid's shirts and some of Mario's work for a vacation in Vegas tomorrow [​IMG].

12. dmash

Sid and the Ralph Lauren store in Lenox might be the only two good places in Atlanta for clothing and Sid and his staff are great. I use Mario Bosco for tailoring though - I think his shop is worth the somewhat higher prices.

Stop by the Figo and grab a Panini after stopping by Sid - it's a laid back spot for a decent lunch.

I actually just finished packing a couple of Sid's shirts and some of Mario's work for a vacation in Vegas tomorrow [​IMG].

I really appreciate all this good info guys. It seriously made my day to know that my clothes are going to be in good hands.

13. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

What are the thoughts of sm shirts?

14. AlexE

AlexE Distinguished Member

One could say it is the best store in Atlanta, but that would not mean a lot. So it is more appropriate to say that this is an excellent store run by friendly people with taste and style.

15. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

One could say it is the best store in Atlanta, but that would not mean a lot. So it is more appropriate to say that this is an excellent store run by friendly people with taste and style.

What do you think of the quality of the Sid Mashburn shirts? Are they worth the $150?