• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sid Mashburn in Atlanta

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this store pretty legit for us SF'ers? I'm visiting my lady (lives around the ATL area) over the upcoming weekend and was planning on stopping by. I've also got about 4 dress shirts I was thinking about taking with me to get altered as I can't find a decent tailor around here and I heard Sid's does fantastic work. Maybe he'll give me a discount since we share the same last name.
laugh.gif
But yeah, any opinions?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, it's worth a visit and there are nice products available in all price ranges. Note that it's also closed on Sundays.

pwy95a

Reaction score
You'll really enjoy it. Plus, Dao is a fantastic tailor.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
arguably the best men's store in town

I would argue that it's the best men's store in the country. Business takes me to Atlanta several times a year and I always try to stop in to see Sid and his guys.

videocrew

Reaction score
I've been to many of the places they celebrate here on SF, and Sid is right at the top of the best clothing stores I've ever been to. Really great taste and great products from that guy.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really am looking forward to this weekend now! Also, great to hear about his tailor, it's always a warm feeling knowing your clothes are in good hands.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sid and the Ralph Lauren store in Lenox might be the only two good places in Atlanta for clothing and Sid and his staff are great. I use Mario Bosco for tailoring though - I think his shop is worth the somewhat higher prices. Stop by the Figo and grab a Panini after stopping by Sid - it's a laid back spot for a decent lunch. I actually just finished packing a couple of Sid's shirts and some of Mario's work for a vacation in Vegas tomorrow
smile.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Sid and the Ralph Lauren store in Lenox might be the only two good places in Atlanta for clothing and Sid and his staff are great. I use Mario Bosco for tailoring though - I think his shop is worth the somewhat higher prices.

Stop by the Figo and grab a Panini after stopping by Sid - it's a laid back spot for a decent lunch.

I actually just finished packing a couple of Sid's shirts and some of Mario's work for a vacation in Vegas tomorrow
smile.gif

I really appreciate all this good info guys. It seriously made my day to know that my clothes are going to be in good hands.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the thoughts of sm shirts?

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One could say it is the best store in Atlanta, but that would not mean a lot. So it is more appropriate to say that this is an excellent store run by friendly people with taste and style.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexE
One could say it is the best store in Atlanta, but that would not mean a lot. So it is more appropriate to say that this is an excellent store run by friendly people with taste and style.

What do you think of the quality of the Sid Mashburn shirts? Are they worth the $150?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads