1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sid Mashburn Double Monks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Towncar, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Towncar

Towncar Member

I'm waiting for ROTM to either restock their double monks or begin a new double monk pre-order, as the case may be, because I particularly like the look of the more rounded last ROTM chose for their dubs. Then, I noticed today that Sid Mashburn has his dubs back in stock for the smaller sizes (I'm 8-8.5D). Does anyone have experience with both to say whether Sid's dubs are worth $190 more? What is the last like? It looks a little narrow. Also, are they really that tan, or are they darker in RL?

2. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Don't own the SM monks, but I did try on a pair once. The width is slightly wider than a standard D. They call it a D+ or something. I believe the color is slightly darker than it shows on the web site.

3. coolshoes

coolshoes Senior member

SM Double Monks definitely run wide.

4. Sangsouvanh

Sangsouvanh Member

Sid Mashburn Double Monk's definitely run a little wide. I am usually an E width, as the Mashburn's are labeled as D. With that being said, I also sized down 1/2 a size. And they fit really comfortably. Hope this helps.

I'm actually waiting on my ROTM's to come in the mail... so I will post somewhere here when I do receive them.

5. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Howard Yount has some lovely dub monks at $200 off. Hard to say if Mashburn's dub monks are that much better.

6. yerrow

yerrow Well-Known Member

i hate the toe on the rotm's, mashburn toe is much better to me

7. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I love my Howard Younts, and selected them over the SMs. The savings had little to do with it.