• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shrinking the hell out of new jeans.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got a pair of ck39 selvedge. I know ck is not thought of highly, but I was in need of some selvedge, I liked the color and they were $10 at goodwill, so Carpe Denim it was! Thing is, they are long and a bit looser than I want. what is the best way to shrink the bejeesus out of these? The original tags are still on them, which suggests they have never been washed. Should I just wash them hot and stick them in the dryer? Any other good tips?

Ott

Reaction score
wash hot, tumble dry hot. That's pretty much all you can do.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
wash hot, tumble dry hot. That's pretty much all you can do.
yeah, I figured I'd have to get them hemmed to handle the length... even with turnups they are long, and they are too loose to do the whole bunched-at-the-ankle thing. Not baggy by anymeans,just a little roomier than I like. I may end up getting them tapered, but I don't know if I want to invest that much money and effort into a pair of thrift store Calvin Klein jeans...

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you can gain weight to fit into them or they look good antifit, just flip them and get your $10 back. Shrinking is only going to work for a few days, if that.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Unless you can gain weight to fit into them or they look good antifit, just flip them and get your $10 back. Shrinking is only going to work for a few days, if that.
yeah this too. also why were you 'in need' of some selvage?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
yeah this too.

also why were you 'in need' of some selvage?

I just like the look of the red thread when I fold them up with boots.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Most $10 jeans don't fit well man =\\
If they do their distressed to hell with ugly patches.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40