1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shrinking the hell out of new jeans.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Joel_Cairo, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

I recently got a pair of ck39 selvedge. I know ck is not thought of highly, but I was in need of some selvedge, I liked the color and they were $10 at goodwill, so Carpe Denim it was! Thing is, they are long and a bit looser than I want. what is the best way to shrink the bejeesus out of these? The original tags are still on them, which suggests they have never been washed. Should I just wash them hot and stick them in the dryer? Any other good tips?

2. Ott

Ott Senior member

wash hot, tumble dry hot. That's pretty much all you can do.

3. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

wash hot, tumble dry hot. That's pretty much all you can do.
    yeah, I figured I'd have to get them hemmed to handle the length... even with turnups they are long, and they are too loose to do the whole bunched-at-the-ankle thing. Not baggy by anymeans,just a little roomier than I like. I may end up getting them tapered, but I don't know if I want to invest that much money and effort into a pair of thrift store Calvin Klein jeans...

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Unless you can gain weight to fit into them or they look good antifit, just flip them and get your $10 back. Shrinking is only going to work for a few days, if that.

5. Ott

Ott Senior member

Unless you can gain weight to fit into them or they look good antifit, just flip them and get your $10 back. Shrinking is only going to work for a few days, if that.
    yeah this too. also why were you 'in need' of some selvage? [​IMG]

6. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

yeah this too.

also why were you 'in need' of some selvage? [​IMG]

I just like the look of the red thread when I fold them up with boots.

7. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Most $10 jeans don't fit well man =\\
    If they do their distressed to hell with ugly patches.