• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shrinking of dry jeans?

Sway23

Reaction score
So I FINALLY got my dry selvage Nudie RR's, and I love 'em. However, right now, the length on them is about PERFECT. I can probably lose another 1cm, but that's about it. However, I'm worried that they'll shrink after I wash them. I've read conflicting reports... some people say they'll shrink a bit, other people say they don't shrink at all. So, what is it? I plan on washing them in hot water to get a nice fade, and I'll be sure to stretch them like crazy after the wash. Do you think it's possible to not shrink the lengths at all?

rearviewmirror

Reaction score
no, I don't think its possible...

I think you'll notice them shrinking a bit in length even before the first wash.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long have you been wearing it? Is it the perfect length after a few weeks of wear? If you have barely worn it, I believe that it will shorten even before you wash, due to the the wrinkling that will pull up the jeans. If this is the case, I can only suggest drycleaning. Since the RR raw are sanforized, shrinking is minimal (~3%), you could try and stretch the inseam after washing it yourself....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.