1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

shrinking my raw 5EPs

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Renault78law, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

There seemed to be mixed opinions here and superfuture whether raw 5EPs were sanforized. At least, I assume they're raw. They run HUGE/LONG, very ridgid, and bleed all over the place. I cold soaked them, then air dried, and they're still far too big in the waist/seat. So big that they're uncomfortable and look funny. I'm considering a second soak, either warm or hot, do you think that's going to make a difference? Or should I cut my losses and try to sell them to someone who's bigger than me?

They're marked size 34, and I think they're still 37"+. My waist is ~35". I have a feeling that I'm pretty screwed, someone pull out a miracle for me...

2. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I have a pair of size 33 bootcut raw that measured about 35 after a hot wash and 36 after a few days of wear. I really wish I had a 32 or so - just a bit too big. If they fit, they'd be my favorite jeans ever.

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

aw nuts. I think I'm hosed.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, 5EP sizing seems a bit random, the straight down one washes are quite slim.

5. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Distinguished Member

6. mikee

mikee Well-Known Member

i usually wear a 31 in most jeans. bought 29 for my 5ep raw boot. they're still a little roomy in the waist and seat. the legs are pretty tight though. i imagine i could have gone down to a 28 if they had it.