1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shrinking LVC 1944's question

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Saltricks, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

I just purchased some LVC 1944's new. I'm normally a size 33x29, so I got a 33x32. They fit well in the waist, but I want to get some shrinkage in the thigh/calf and shortening of the inseam.
    Would I be correct in filling a tub with hot water, soak the jeans while wearing them for 30minutes-hour then walking around in them until they are dry? Would this keep the waist the same and shrink everywhere else? Thanks for the advice.

2. habitant

habitant Senior member

just wash them hot inside out, even add some boiling water to them, then dry the fuck out of them.. max dry!.

they'll shrink a tiny bit, and stretch out with wear again, better off buying some 47's if you want a slimmer jean.

3. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

Don't use the dryer. You will lose the sizeing, on the warp (indigo) threads, and with it some of the indigo.

For max shrinkage, wash hot - I washed my '44 at 95 degrees celsius and got nearly three inches shrinkage in the waist. Put a correctly-sized piece of wood, or similar, in the waistband as it dries, to reduce shrinkage there.