• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shrinking Jackets

xCensored

Reaction score
Jacket with a hood
84% cotton
16% polyester

Possible to shrink? Process of shrinking? How much will it shrink?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put it in a dryer after washing at high heat and you'll find out. Will mostlt shrink in the length, IME.

CitizenM

Reaction score
you were talking about letting a tailor alter it right?

VictorJB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CitizenM
you were talking about letting a tailor alter it right?

I agree. Do not try and shrink something by blasting it in the dryer. You will damage the materials of the jacket, pay the extra money to get it tailored. If not, donate it to the salvation army and get a tax break.

tazmaniac

Reaction score
Put it on, pull the hood over your head and secure tightly. Lie in a hot bath until the hood pulls the underside of the armholes against your armpits. Step out of the bath and wait until completely dry. You might want to prepare a milkshake beforehand that you can zip with a straw through the opening of the hood until the garment is dry. The jacket will mould perfectly against your body. You will be the envy of all your friends and colleagues at work.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xCensored
84% cotton
16% polyester

Cotton will shrink, but polyester won't, so fuck knows what would happen if you tried to shrink that. If you really want it smaller, have it altered properly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.