Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SHRINKAGE!: Are Nudies sanforized or do they shrink a lot?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Augusto86, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I have a pair of Baggy Bjorns which I've grown quite attached to. I'm a little reluctant to wash them because I got them on ebay, and while they were originally 32-36, they'd been hemmed to about 31. I had the waist taken in at a tailors so now they fit perfectly(for my tastes). They fall nicely over combat/work boots. Are nudies preshrunk? Sanforized? Shrink-to-fit? How much inseam-loss can I expect? Can I combat this at all? pics here: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...079#post281079

2. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

On average you can expect them to shrink about 1-1/2" in lenght. They are true raw so they will shrink in the waist and every where else also. Just take them to the dry cleaners and avoid yourself a headache.

3. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

They are sanforized. I found shrinkage to be minimal. Go ahead and wash, you can stretch out the inseam whilst wet.

4. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

They are sanforized. I found shrinkage to be minimal. Go ahead and wash, you can stretch out the inseam whilst wet.
    +1. Neither of my two pairs of raw Nudies shrunk significantly after a wash. Basically back down to un-stretched size, then they stretched right back out over the course of a day or two. And as DDML says, you can stretch the inseam while wet if you need it longer.

5. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I found them to shrink quite a bit in the length. I used to double cuff... now I can't even cuff.

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

7. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

So two say shrink, two say no shrink, and I'm left holding my pants...[​IMG]

8. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

My svens didn't seem to shrink at all. Still double cuff, waist is the same.

9. advan031

advan031 Senior member

My RRDS shrank about 1.5-.75 inches.

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Still a dead heat!

Augusto, you can always just dry clean if you're really worried about it. If you want a surefire way to stretch them after washing, should they shrink too much, you can always attach weights to the legs and hang 'em up. That should stretch them out about as much as you could possibly want. I remember seeing something like that on mynudies.

11. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

i soak my SJ in hot water for 30 mins or so.... they shrink about 1 inches or so in length.....

12. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Can we rule out a growth spurt?
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I hit my late 20s growth spurt of 3 inches. I guess that may account for the length change.

13. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Mine shrank about 1.5" in the length (basically most of the cuff) and a bit in the waist - they were a bit big on me at first so afterwards they were perfect and so my hips didn't stretch them back to the original state. When the jeans are wet just tug hard to get most of the inseam back. You have a bit to spare, judging by those photos.