• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Showe time...

F4iryder14

Reaction score
Gentleman,

All right. I know this is an odd question, but I have to find out if I am in the minority (which I am with most people I know) or just downright weird and out of touch. Ever since I can remember, I have always showered before I went to bed. I shower, shave if I need to, hit the bed clean, wake up and put on deodorant/cologne, fresh clothes, and I'm out the door. It's just the way I have always done and what feels the best for me.

Now most people I know shower in the morning, and to me the pure idea seems on many levels counter-productive and on some level kind of disgusting. What is the point of accumulating a whole day's worth of sweat, oil, and grime, sleeping in it for 6-10 hours, and waking up and showering only to go out and repeat the same process. I understand if you want to be fresh when you go to work, but if I sleep clean, I wake up that way. My opinion is also probably influenced by the fact that I live in Oklahoma, and showering in the summer before stepping into 95 degree heat with 90% percent humidity so you can open your front door and instantly sweat will never make sense to me.

Now I am not knocking anyone's routine or saying any one way is better, it just always seems that people I talk to shower in the morning, and I sometimes feel weird saying that I didn't shower that morning, I did it the previous night. Odd topic, I know, but I just need some other people's opinions. Thanks.

Kevin

freakseam

Reaction score
both 'sides' of the question have their merits. for myself, shower-times vary, depending upon what is going on, activities, weather, and other...it's not necessarily limited to a once-a-day thing. morning and night aren't out of the question...and, i'll admit it, sometimes i won't shower at all (.): something akin to the idea of not washing hair each-and-every day and something very dependent upon what i'm doing and where i may need to be, etc...in any case, i'm not grungy about it
smile.gif

Laxbuddah

Reaction score
Then there is me, somewhat OCD. I can't go to sleep without a shower, and sure as hell can't wake up without one.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go to gym in the morning, and I take a shower after that, and then again at night, to wash off the day's grime and go to bed nice and fresh. I don't understand how someone can skip either and feel clean.

F4iryder14

Reaction score
Good points you guys.  I guess I should have included both as an option.  

Kevin

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Before indoor plumbing, and even until bathtub manufacturers started looking for more profits, it was considered excessive to bathe any more than once a week.

oh yeah and I voted for 'shower at night,' because I work out at night and shower after that.

vero_group

Reaction score
I shower in the morning for three reasons:

1) I sleep with dogs in my bed -- my hopes of a "clean" sleep are not likely
2) I tend to sweat in my sleep more than I do during the day, so I feel "dirtiest" when I wake up.
3) it is the water hitting my head and shoulders that wakes my mind up the most in the morning and gets my day started with a clear head

Yes, we clean and change sheets more than once per week.

thc

Reaction score
In the morning for me. Need it to wake me up.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Group me in with the Breakfast Club -- a shower is just as important to me in the morning as a good meal. I try to work out right when I get up and shower right after that. In my opinion, there's no better feeling than being refreshed after a nice run. Although I cast my vote for morning, I'll occasionally take a shower at night (if I've had a particularly gritty day). I just can't go on feeling groggy throughout the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads