• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

cuongtelecoms

Reaction score
Here are pics from my first Chan: Minnis 0520 fresco. I had a basted fitting.

I'm meeting him again on the 26th. What changes do you guys suggest? What needs fixing?

The jacket seems OK. The trousers seems having too much fabric, especially at the back

joeninety

Reaction score

Here are pics from my first Chan: Minnis 0520 fresco. I had a basted fitting.

I'm meeting him again on the 26th. What changes do you guys suggest? What needs fixing?

you really need to adjust your braces, i suspect that will sort out your trousers!

Limniscate

Reaction score
IMG_20140619_143445724_HDR.jpg

Braces very loose

The pants drop more freely when the braces are very loose, but this makes my torso look way too long and the hem would have to come up. I think I'm going to get my next suit with pants that are designed to be worn higher when I meet with Patrick and Arnold next week.

What's causing the sleeve bunching at the back?

Last edited:

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo of my latest W.W. Chan purchase. I ordered it on one of Chan's recent tours and I was later in Hong Kong for a basted and another fitting with Patrick Chu. I had already gone through the whole process with basted and other fittings for my first Chan suit, but wanted to do it again since this was my first three-piece suit made by Chan.

Patrick Chu and his team did a formidable job and the suit came out very well. The service was as always impeccable. I also enjoyed visiting their new shop in Central, which I liked a lot. While I enjoy the atmosphere of Kowloon in many ways, I think that the current location far away from the cheap tailors and touts of Nathan Road matches the high standards of W.W. Chan much better.

The suit is a fully lined three-piece, which I bought with an extra pair of trousers. The fabric is a nice twill from Holland & Sherry's Classic Worsteds book. The fabric is relatively heavy at a weight of 400 grams and hence will be mainly worn from late fall to early spring. The color is a greyish navy, which actually turned out a little bit lighter than what I was aiming for, but I like the color a lot and this gives me the excuse for another purchase of a dark navy suit in the near future :).

P.S.: Apologies for the flapping of the fabric at the left quarters and lower leg, but it was windy and unavoidable today. Also, the sleeves are not unequally long as it might appear from this "snap shot"

jakeu

Reaction score
Looks Sharp! Love how well it fits you! Tie is from Atkinson Irish? I live in Toronto and I cannot get their tie...

Limniscate

Reaction score
I met up with Patrick and Arnold today. He's going to clean up the back of my jacket and tighten the collar on the right side. He said the pants were fine even though they don't drape perfectly because I need the extra room for my large posterior.

My next commission is a 3 pc Minnis 0501 Med grey 8-9 oz., 3 roll 2.5 with 3.5" lapels and barchetta breast pocket. Everything else is the same as the 0520 Minnis

Last edited:

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I met up with Patrick and Arnold today. He's going to clean up the back of my jacket and tighten the collar on the right side. He said the pants were fine even though they don't drape perfectly because I need the extra room for my large posterior.

My next commission is a 3 pc Minnis 0501 Med grey 8-9 oz., 3 roll 2.5 with 3.5" lapels and barchetta breast pocket. Everything else is the same as the 0520 Minnis

Why Fresco again ?

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My favourite is London Lounge Mistral or the lighter version Brisa but is hard to obtain for most people.

The are a few in the Harrisons Oyster bunch and Smiths Woollen Steadfast are excellent but both heavier cloths.

Thank you for your suggestions. Any experience with Dugdale Brothers?

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
There are also nice hopsacks in Harrison's Fine Classics and Minnis Classic II if you're looking for a lighter weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads