1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Show us your Chan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Jul 7, 2009.

1. hangthree

hangthree Senior member

I have my workhorse dark grey suit made up from the Frontier book, done by Chan. I am very happy with the durability so far, about 2 years in. I tend to wear it for travel and multiple days at a time. It does a great job. If i had to change one thing, I would prefer slightly more texture to it like a sharskin, rather than more of a simple twill. The price was reasonable too - I think it circa $1500.

2. HEPennypacker

HEPennypacker Senior member

Is anyone else still waiting on their order from the November tour? I received my shirts over a month ago, but still no suit and trousers. I've previously received my order before the following tour date, but that has now come and gone.

3. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

Still waiting for the vest of a three piece suit ordered in November. Received the jacket and pants but probably only because I was in Hong Kong in late December and early January and had additional fittings while I was there. The suit I ordered last July arrived several weeks after Chan's November visit.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Haven't received my November order. Shame since I have an appointment with Chan in LA tomorrow to commission a jacket and was hoping for Patrick to address any issues with the November order. Guess it will have to wait till July (or better yet, hopefully no issues at all).

And are we sure Patrick is still a cutter? I thought he used to be, but was promoted to some sort of manager. Didn't realize he was still involved in working with the cloth directly.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  5. quar

quar Senior member

When I was in the Kowloon Store last August, he was definitely marking out and cutting cloth on those big tables they have.

6. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I didn't have an order in November, but I did have a fitting, and I received the finished suit some time ago. About two weeks ago, my son received his basted suit for his fitting, which was yesterday.

7. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

VG, Did you take a look at what books Patrick had along? I'm hoping he has Crispaire, Finmeresco, Cape Kid, and Gilt Twist. Did you notice them there?

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

I like this thread - Chan seems to do some nice stuff - shame he doesn't come to Canada :confused:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  9. Vintage Gent

I saw the Crispaire and the Finmerescro, and I think I remember the Cape Kid being there, but I have no idea if the Gilt Twist made the trip from Kowloon. If you're interested in an open weave summer fabric, he also had the Minnis Fresco II.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a double breasted suit in the W. Bill linen in a bright air force blue and a couple of pair of odd trousers in the Crispaire. I almost got a dinner jacket in the Harrison's tartan, but demurred. I'd probably be able to wear such a thing about twice a year, if I'm lucky.

If you want Patrick to bring a particular book, you should ask when you make your appointment. I do, and they always make sure he has it. This time, I asked for the Harrison's tartan, the Crispaire, the Fresco II and the Finmeresco.

10. Touching Cloth

Touching Cloth Active Member

Had my appointment yesterday. Went with this Harrison's Frontier number.

[​IMG]

11. Vintage Gent

Latest acquisition, three-piece with DB vest in the Minnis Fresco.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

That's very good looking. Enjoy!

13. vinveritas

vinveritas Senior member

14. HEPennypacker

HEPennypacker Senior member

Looks great, Vintage Gent!

15. EFBenson

EFBenson Well-Known Member

nice waistcoat old fruit

16. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Just double breasted waistcoatin' in the 'burbs.

17. AdamWill

AdamWill Senior member

vintage gent: very nice - which fresco is that exactly? I've been eyeing up some of those light/mid grey stripes...

18. Vintage Gent

Thanks. It's #0552 from the Minnis II book. It's listed as a mid grey, but the grey seems on the lighter side of the mid spectrum to me.

19. AdamWill

AdamWill Senior member

Yup, I was hoping to use your pics to kinda 'calibrate' the lightness of the various greys! Thanks very much. I agree, from the pics it comes off as fairly light.

20. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

hello,

perhaps a silly question, but i would like to have some of my flannel WW Chan trousers shortened (they have cuffs if that is relevant). If any London members could suggest a trusted/competent alterations tailor in London, would be much appreciated.

flannel trousers - various weights
    [​IMG]

Below is an unfinished Chan garment, my latest commission. i'm looking forward to have a fitting when WW Chan are over in June
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.