• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since a new Chan suit appeared on my doorstep, I thought it would be fitting to have a central repository for all the forum's Chan suits and jackets, a comprehensive thread where we could post pictures of our Chan commissions, good and bad. Post away!

My most recent is a 2-piece wool/mohair in light blue/gray with alternating darker blue/lighter gray stripes. The fabric is a vintage John Foster from the suitings yfyf was offering. Still a little wrinkled from the trip, but you get the idea.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice! looking good...

How many ounces is the fabric?

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrific fit! How many fittings did it take to acheive that? Or is this one of many Chan suits that you have, and the fit was dialed-in long ago? I am eager to try Chan myself...

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
Terrific fit! How many fittings did it take to acheive that? Or is this one of many Chan suits that you have, and the fit was dialed-in long ago? I am eager to try Chan myself...
Dialed in some time ago, although I made a couple of changes recently: slightly shorter trousers, larger cuffs (2" SF groupthink) and a shorter jacket.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent suit and fit,my only concern are shoulders,not sure what's going on there.There is too much square going on,is that too much padding?I didn't notice it in your other suits.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Excellent suit and fit,my only concern are shoulders,not sure what's going on there.There is too much square going on,is that too much padding?I didn't notice it in your other suits.

It does look like he has a coat hanger in there.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex

There's not much padding to speak of. I'm a pretty square shouldered guy.

Young Pro

Reaction score
Great looking suit, love the shape/proportion of the lapels and the open quarters on the jacket.

Is this a typical Chan shoulder? How would you describe it in terms of padding? I ask becase I am considering a Chan suit in the fall. I prefer a lightly-padded shoulder with a roped sleevehead (helps correct my sloping shoulders). Do you think this would be achievable with Chan?

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'll of course email Patrick as well to get his view.

Hennessy

Reaction score
The fit is excellent!

Is it possible to get a few shots from the side and back?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket , bad pants. Couldn't they tailor panst properly, without 30 bubbles around your legs ?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Nice jacket , bad pants. Couldn't they tailor panst properly, without 30 bubbles around your legs ?

I believe that's how he preferers his trousers,not everyone is crazy about slim fits.I think it looks good on him,this and yfyf Chans are the best I have seen,well including Parker's.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz

Well, the trousers definitely aren't my favorite part of my Chan suits (the Nick Lopez pants were better, but the jacket was vastly inferior). Still, it's probably more that I'm standing funny. I'll try and get side pics of the trousers later today.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry but it looks too shiny to me.

brittain

Reaction score
I think the sheen looks nice. Its mohair, after all.

VG, may I ask how much of a discount Chan offers if one provides their own fabric? Also, now that you seem to have your pattern down, do you still have a basted fitting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads