• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your best friend(s)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who knew that French bulldogs were bred for fighting?

Dolly12

Reaction score
These dogs are amazing. What a pity that I am allergic to animals and wool otherwise I would have bought a friend. I have a bald cat I love it, but I would really like a dog. And I even chose a breed that I really like. This breed is very kind and sweet. They get along well with children and Pets in the house.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me with my 18 year old beagle, Sherlock. I adopted him when he was 12yo and the vet told me that given some lung issues he has, not to expect much more than a year. SherleyBoy didn't listen to his doctor.

120154135_2019382658196514_5136087486916958538_n.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me with my 18 year old beagle, Sherlock. I adopted him when he was 12yo and the vet told me that given some lung issues he has, not to expect much more than a year. SherleyBoy didn't listen to his doctor.

View attachment 1496182
Keep proving that vet wrong, Sherlock! :)

• Love
Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep proving that vet wrong, Sherlock! :)

He is winding down these days and is suffering dementia. But as long as he can walk, enjoys going into the yard, and has a good appetite ... we'll do our best to keep him going. He is beagle #6 of 8 we've had and he is one of the two best.

Beagle #8, Crissy, is a devil ... but we love her. She is about 12 years old and has been with us about 5 years. We also have a 7 year old white boxer, Willa, that I inherited when my sister died three years ago. She is very sweet and is a bundle of energy.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our beagle #8, Crissy. That's a bar of soap she decided to eat when we were visiting some of Utah's national parks. She always manages to make road trips more entertaining. I think this was somewhere near Arches.

Attachments

• 12390849_722813597853433_561887642028256175_n.jpg
    12390849_722813597853433_561887642028256175_n.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 35

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love beagles, sadly most here are of unhealthy stock. As such it’s already rare that I hear of dogs reaching such a very old age of 18, let alone a beagle. That one is a winner in many aspects.

The look Chrissy has at the vets office is familiar.

this is our English springer spaniel Dali. Bred for the hunt, born to be a couch potato. Starting next year he will be accompanying me in the field, for now his life consists of training and sleeping with his family on the couch.

This is him at 3 months old:
5E42AB5A-837B-4FBC-A854-C1CD531EC412.jpeg

And this is him now at 6 months.
2E179274-2023-42F7-82AE-1E48E84F7AA1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Love beagles, sadly most here are of unhealthy stock. As such it’s already rare that I hear of dogs reaching such a very old age of 18, let alone a beagle. That one is a winner in many aspects.

this is our English springer spaniel Dali. Bred for the hunt, born to be a couch potato. Starting next year he will be accompanying me in the field, for now his life consists of training and sleeping with his family on the couch.

View attachment 1496255
View attachment 1496256
Love Springers, such a good dog, but like my Avatar, I'm a Golden Retriever person first and foremost. Here are Goldens number 8 and 9 in my life (Halloween garb at Doggie Day Care)
IMG_5235.JPG
IMG_5236.JPG

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... I'm a Golden Retriever person first and foremost. Here are Goldens number 8 and 9 in my life (Halloween garb at Doggie Day Care)

OMG ... blond/e retrievers! LOVE them!!!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You have a truly beautiful dog.

Except for beagle #1, we adopt and don't always know much about the dog's history. And having dealt with the puppy years we have decided none younger than 8 years old. I'm recalling that beagle #1 ate our deck. Every corner was gnawed.

EDIT: And lets not forget the chocolate Alden split toe derby pair that became a chew toy. I never even got to wear them.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have a truly beautiful dog.

Except for beagle #1, we adopt and don't always know much about the dog's history. And having dealt with the puppy years we have decided none younger than 8 years old. I'm recalling that beagle #1 ate our deck. Every corner was gnawed.

EDIT: And lets not forget the chocolate Alden split toe derby pair that became a chew toy. I never even got to wear them.
All our furry kids are rescues, too, and I once lost a nice pair of suede Chukkas to one of my favorites. Dogs gonna be dogs...

Ixelles

Reaction score
Not a big poster here, but this is the right place. Had to let our wonderful 14-year old Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen go this week.

The sweetest, most adorable girl around kids and in the house, she had an unbelievable nose when out in the forest a few minutes from home. Most dogwalkers there had never seen a deer in 20 years, but she could seek one out in 5 minutes if you let her, with that characteristic yelping of scenthounds.
Bai Oct 2020.jpg

So thankful she was in our lives.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a big poster here, but this is the right place. Had to let our wonderful 14-year old Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen go this week.

The sweetest, most adorable girl around kids and in the house, she had an unbelievable nose when out in the forest a few minutes from home. Most dogwalkers there had never seen a deer in 20 years, but she could seek one out in 5 minutes if you let her, with that characteristic yelping of scenthounds. View attachment 1497174

So sorry for your loss, it's hard to lose a canine family member.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sweetest, most adorable girl around kids and in the house, she had an unbelievable nose when out in the forest a few minutes from home. Most dogwalkers there had never seen a deer in 20 years, but she could seek one out in 5 minutes if you let her, with that characteristic yelping of scenthounds. View attachment 1497174

Sorry to hear it, but she had a good long run; did you raise her from a pup? She looks like a sweetie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads