• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

printyra

Reaction score
Besides the Bedford Jacket, what do you guys feel are some essential (and/or highly versatile) EG pieces that you can put with almost any outfit?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Besides the Bedford Jacket, what do you guys feel are some essential (and/or highly versatile) EG pieces that you can put with almost any outfit?

Depends on your personal style.. I've never owned a Bedford after 10 years following the brand.

Here are some ideas though:

Spring/Summer:
Chambray Workshirt
Olive Fatigues
Camp Shirt
Atlantic Parka
Ghurka Short
Tropical Wool Andover Suits

Fall/Winter:
Parka (Madison/Highland etc)
CPO Shirt Jacket
Workshirts
Fatigues
Ground Pant
Wool Andover Suits

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking at pics of Daiki Suzuki over the years, it seems that more than anything else, he’s always wearing some version of the military green fatigue pants. With short sleeve shirts, tweed sport coats, everything.

I’ve also just become a fan of their pretty minimalist BDU (m65-ish) jackets. You can rock those super-biz-cas over a shirt and tie, or in a more exaggerated EG context.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
One word for shoes that will always go well with EG-esque outfits: Paraboot.

7lefFH4.jpg

SS19 Atlantic Parka. My go-to for the past few months, I love its versatility

evolsirhc

Reaction score
19cBD has ruined other bizcaz type shirts for me. If you’re looking for wardrobe staples you can’t go wrong with anything from EG Workaday. I’m a huge fan of the utility shirts, 41z chinos & fatigues (fuller fit than most mainline fatigues). For summer you can’t go wrong with the corduroy or ripstop fatigue shorts.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
19cBD has ruined other bizcaz type shirts for me. If you’re looking for wardrobe staples you can’t go wrong with anything from EG Workaday. I’m a huge fan of the utility shirts, 41z chinos & fatigues (fuller fit than most mainline fatigues). For summer you can’t go wrong with the corduroy or ripstop fatigue shorts.
Workaday 5 pocket cord pants are also outstanding. Best made 5 pocket cords I have come across. They are extremely well made and are indestructible.

Last edited:

kittycorraller

Reaction score

How you feel about the longer length when worn untucked? I really want to like it, but not sure if I can get down with it.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads