• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Looks good! How'd you size on your Madison?
I got the same Bedford and a Madison (Navy Double Cloth) from this season too.
Thanks!
Went with my true EG size - medium, I’m 6’0, 163 lbs. I’m in love with this thing, one of my best purchases, I like the dropped shoulder and very loose shape of this parka. The wool blend fabric is super soft, feels like wearing a blanket.
By the way, how’s double cloth? Thick and stiff or rather soft? Never had any item made with that fabric.

Seafinch

Reaction score
Thanks!
Went with my true EG size - medium, I’m 6’0, 163 lbs. I’m in love with this thing, one of my best purchases, I like the dropped shoulder and very loose shape of this parka. The wool blend fabric is super soft, feels like wearing a blanket.
By the way, how’s double cloth? Thick and stiff or rather soft? Never had any item made with that fabric.

I sized the same. Medium. Regular EG size.

The double cloth is one of my favorite EG fabrics. It's definitely more stiff, but it has such a cool, substantial feel to it.

I was also able to get a one of my grails earlier this season which is the perfect blend between blanket and some structure. FW15 Reversible Coat. Needs to cool down a bit more to be able to give it some time.

IMG_2552.JPG

maregmareg

Reaction score

The double cloth is one of my favorite EG fabrics. It's definitely more stiff, but it has such a cool, substantial feel to it.

I was also able to get a one of my grails earlier this season which is the perfect blend between blanket and some structure. FW15 Reversible Coat. Needs to cool down a bit more to be able to give it some time.

View attachment 1255736
I’ll grab Highland Parka in double cloth when I have a chance, not sure if they’re coming this season though.

Holy **** that’s a nice coat, love the subtle pattern.

Seafinch

Reaction score
I’ll grab Highland Parka in double cloth when I have a chance, not sure if they’re coming this season though.

Holy **** that’s a nice coat, love the subtle pattern.

Yeah. It's even more amazing in person! Been watching for it for a long time.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score

View attachment 1255736
Where'd you manage to find it? I've been on the hunt for a reversible coat for a while and haven't seen any size small pop up so I'm curious.

grayfox

Reaction score
Double cloth is my least favourite fabric actually. I have a field parka, nw pant, and fatigues in it and I try to avoid it now. I didn't buy the combination painters this season because it had DC although I loved the colours. I know it will last literally forever but I just don't like the handfeel, the way it sits on shoes, or the way it fades with wear / through rain, and it isn't very visually appealing texture-wise...

Pardon the sudden spiel of negativity ha

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a green double cloth Bedford and the shoulders are really broad and stiff and i doubt they'll ever loosen up. I wish I'd gotten the green ripstop one
Funny though, i got the ripstop fatigues and they feel too loose and floppy at the hem for my tastes. Everytime i see the double cloth fatigues on someone I'm envious of the way they sit at the hem and wish I'd gotten those. Who knows, maybe I'd hate them too.

Seafinch

Reaction score
I didn’t get on with the DC Bedford I tried last season either, but love my DC fatigues and Madison coat. I think you’re right that it makes sense for certain things and not others.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Double cloth is my least favourite fabric actually. I have a field parka, nw pant, and fatigues in it and I try to avoid it now. I didn't buy the combination painters this season because it had DC although I loved the colours. I know it will last literally forever but I just don't like the handfeel, the way it sits on shoes, or the way it fades with wear / through rain, and it isn't very visually appealing texture-wise...

Pardon the sudden spiel of negativity ha

Is double cloth the base material for the mixed material/patchwork Bedfords from last winter? It seems more like a mid-weight cotton to me, but stores have them listed that way.

I was questioning the double cloth hate, but it turns out mine is actually a whipcord:

DF60FCE1-7949-4FA6-966F-13AC6E6E7A3B.jpeg

Whatever whipcord is, it’s pretty cool.

EDIT: I *was* skeptical of the high count twill at first, as it was very shiny and looked like polyester. Thankfully, I think that was just because it was brand new. Looks great after a few wears.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads