• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trackday_bro

Reaction score
black canvas bedford
online ceramics x john mayer
orslow
vans

robj83

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a quick question about EG fits. I recently bought a couple of medium size EG shirts, one chambray and one denim, my first purchase from the brand. Everything M fits me pretty well, but these shirts are way big, more like an L or XL from other brands. So before I take them to my local taylor, which I probably will anyway, Im wondering if they are supposed to be super loose and bloused - and Im no "getting" the fit, if such a thing is even to be considered. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Rob

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a quick question about EG fits. I recently bought a couple of medium size EG shirts, one chambray and one denim, my first purchase from the brand. Everything M fits me pretty well, but these shirts are way big, more like an L or XL from other brands. So before I take them to my local taylor, which I probably will anyway, Im wondering if they are supposed to be super loose and bloused - and Im no "getting" the fit, if such a thing is even to be considered. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Rob

Can you post some pics? It's hard to tell whether these shirts are actually big on you or just comport with the EG aesthetic. If you're new to the brand, it's possible that they fit completely as they should but that you are not necessarily used to it.

robj83

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Here is the denim one, tucked so my point is made a little better. Fits great on the shoulders but widens out massively around the hips.

Can you post some pics? It's hard to tell whether these shirts are actually big on you or just comport with the EG aesthetic. If you're new to the brand, it's possible that they fit completely as they should but that you are not necessarily used to it.

robj83

Reaction score
Embrace the loose fit. Most shirts I’ve had by them have been over sized and now that’s my look and I enjoy it.
Thats good advice. Probably Ill end up finding some common ground between how theyr meant to fit and how they fit me.

Xonnel

Reaction score
shirt looks good. work shirt is meant to be oversized. looks silly when online stores size down on models. the other style EG shirts tend to be a little smaller than this shirt.

this style shirt works best with a tee underneath unbuttoned during the day buttoned up in the evening for me. rarely tuck mines into trousers but have a few times and works.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply. View attachment 1225050 Here is the denim one, tucked so my point is made a little better. Fits great on the shoulders but widens out massively around the hips.

Yep, that's pretty much exactly how it should fit. I would refrain from tailoring it. The drop hem is what gives it character and makes it a shirt to be worn untucked. Wider, higher rise pants complement the fit. You can style it all types of ways. Not that I am a barometer, but here are a couple of fit pics where I am wearing a size M workshirt. I like it as a base layer in colder temps and top layer in milder weather.

robj83

Reaction score
Looks killin', man. Thanks for your time and advice. By the way, are those Wallabees on the first pic?

Yep, that's pretty much exactly how it should fit. I would refrain from tailoring it. The drop hem is what gives it character and makes it a shirt to be worn untucked. Wider, higher rise pants complement the fit. You can style it all types of ways. Not that I am a barometer, but here are a couple of fit pics where I am wearing a size M workshirt. I like it as a base layer in colder temps and top layer in milder weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads