• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

maregmareg

Reaction score
Fatigues seem quite cropped this season, or is it just people sizing down? They look great anyway.

maregmareg

Reaction score
It’s definitely the cut, went with my normal size and they are a few inches shorter than usual
****... that’s basically the only thing that stops me from getting those. I wonder how painter pants in similar patchwork style fit.

blue peter

Reaction score
and this...thanks to @farood for the body vest grail :fistbump: (even though my wife says it makes me look like a bobby, haha). still looking for the khaki in a large, if you know of one, lemme know!

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

fw11 down body vest
ss18 round collar shirt
ss19 patchwork fatigues
chucks

avantbored

Reaction score
Anyone get the New Bedford? Curious about fit. Seems like a happy medium between Baker and classic Bedford.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
@avantbored Yes, that's a good analogy. The NB is slimmer in the body than the Bedford and the lapels are slightly smaller. Overall it has a more sleek and tailored look than its predecessor.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
****... that’s basically the only thing that stops me from getting those. I wonder how painter pants in similar patchwork style fit.

They are much wider in the leg, larger waist, and a little more length, though negligible. I will put up a fit with them tomorrow.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
and this...thanks to @farood for the body vest grail :fistbump: (even though my wife says it makes me look like a bobby, haha). still looking for the khaki in a large, if you know of one, lemme know!

View attachment 1141555

View attachment 1141553

fw11 down body vest
ss18 round collar shirt
ss19 patchwork fatigues
chucks

The pant fit here with the Chucks is perfect. The intentional crop on the spring fatigues was a really good move IMO.

maregmareg

Reaction score
from the semifinals of mfa's fit battle

b1TwNX4.jpg

mhl beanie
fw18 navy duck canvas upland vest
battenwear sweatshirt
ss19 denim painter's pants
eg vans

SO GOOD! This is exactly the fit that I'm aiming for with all my pants basically. What's your height how did you size on those Painters? I need them, in the same exact fabric.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
SO GOOD! This is exactly the fit that I'm aiming for with all my pants basically. What's your height how did you size on those Painters? I need them, in the same exact fabric.

Thanks! I’m 5’10.5” or so. I usually wear M/32 in EG pants. These are M. A bit big in the waist but fine with a belt. I grabbed them from Today Clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads