• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leicher

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm actual measurements on the size large NB jacket from last season (maybe the wool herringbone?) I just picked one up in wool serge in XL and all the measurements you see online are dead wrong.
I’m interested in the XL NB if it doesn’t work for you.

jplicks

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to EG but buying a few pieces secondhand to get into it. I have a question about bedford sizing. I'm usually between a size small and medium depending on the brand/fit, and trying to decide which to go with.

I'm 5'10", 150ish pounds, relatively thin (37" chest). The one suit jacket I have that's been tailored to fit me measures 19in p2p, 17in shoulders, 29in long.

Most of the size small bedfords I see online look about right for me in the chest (19 in or so) but pretty short (26ish in). The mediums, on the other hand look about the right length (28in or so) but a little big in the chest (21ish in).

It feels like the bedford is either intended to fit a bit shorter than a typical suit jacket, or a bit wider. If I'm right about that, which is it? Would you all recommend I go with a small or a medium? I realize the question is complicated a bit by the fact that sizing has changed over the years as EG went to skinny fits and then back to looser again, but curious to hear y'all's thoughts regardless.
Just following up on this. I ended up getting a medium AW2018 Bedford in navy double cloth. Still not sure how I feel about it as a piece but pretty happy with how it fits! Bad picture included to demonstrate. Thanks everyone for your advice.

Attachments

• 25094345-73C7-4554-8806-370C4A13235A_1_105_c.jpeg
    25094345-73C7-4554-8806-370C4A13235A_1_105_c.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 252

Beedub

Reaction score
Anyone washed the moleskin Flight Pants? Tag says they can be machine washed or dry cleaned, but making sure machine wash will be OK.
I don’t have the moleskin flight pants but I’ve got some moleskin trousers that I’ve machine washed and they’re fine. Just wash on a low temperature and line dry and they should be fine.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this piece? Thx

Screenshot_20230303-064840.png

Polo Collar

Reaction score
Just following up on this. I ended up getting a medium AW2018 Bedford in navy double cloth. Still not sure how I feel about it as a piece but pretty happy with how it fits! Bad picture included to demonstrate. Thanks everyone for your advice.
880D450C-2783-4805-BAE7-C4A53CEC726D.jpeg
C2DB481E-F913-4D93-AAC2-685867B6E2BD.jpeg

Grab a Bedford during my trip to Tokyo as well, my first EG piece

blackcheer

Reaction score
Stumbled across this, if anyone wants to make something of their own with this EG fabric:

More fabrics that EG uses on that site too, such as:

Last edited:

sneakypete

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a size M loiter jacket in color black, 100% cotton. I confirm that one will not be part of SS23 as per nepenthes NY. I LOVE my dark navy SS23 loiter and want one more.

Any leads please do share. Thank you!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
7CBDE4FF-8FE9-4422-8340-B26C9B9E4F36.jpeg

ENGINEERED GARMENTS SS23
Got another delivery yesterday, but still another 3-4 boxes on the way! As I'm typing this it's being worked on with photo, but wanted to plug! Some standouts are these Camo FA pants and Aviator. Had to replug my full EG kit with these SS fatigues - best fit on these pants in a long time!​

blackcheer

Reaction score
Anyone know how the Barbour collab compares in sizing? If I'm an L in most EG tops - and once in a blue moon an M - what size should I get? I'm eyeing the loiter and highland parka styles. Thanks!

Phullyman

Reaction score
Anyone know how the Barbour collab compares in sizing? If I'm an L in most EG tops - and once in a blue moon an M - what size should I get? I'm eyeing the loiter and highland parka styles. Thanks!

I have the upland wax and went with my normal EG size, L.

I tried on the highland wax years ago and tried the M. I recall it fitting fine because of the raglan sleeves and roomier fit.

blackcheer

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads