• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah, nice catch…

Was it obviously being used as a bag?

Still salty my wife vetoed this one. :violin:

I read the book in Jan/Feb. 2020 and thought to myself "not the best thing to read right before COVID comes to America". I'm not ready to watch it on TV yet either.

coooaaat

Reaction score
Woah, nice catch…

Was it obviously being used as a bag?

Still salty my wife vetoed this one. :violin:
It was worn by a main character in the last few scenes, yeah. It being used by an apocalypse survivor will surely be a reference of many vetoing spouses :p

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was worn by a main character in the last few scenes, yeah. It being used by an apocalypse survivor will surely be a reference of many vetoing spouses :p
But you can also argue that this is evidence of its value - surviving an apocalypse, 20 years in the wilderness, and still looking next to new. Why wouldn’t your spouse want you to own something so practical?

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A16C7577-CC56-4968-ACCA-F47DFF6E2071.jpeg

597E3EFE-4BA5-42C4-B882-1C6D809F39E9.jpeg

Carhartt Beanie
Vintage Filson coat
Thrifted Irish knit sweater
SS? Oxford cloth short collar shirt
FW18 TBBxMolloy & Sons Andover Pants
Blundstones

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey I bought this sick suit that @Noochie posted in the trading thread.
View attachment 1733876
View attachment 1733877
I bought it as a possibly option for my wedding in the fall, but I’m worried it’s a little too casual. The whole wedding is definitely on the casual end (getting married in the woods in Sept). I’ll happily take suit recommendations for options that are maybe a tad more formal than this but don’t look like a “classic” wedding suit. @evolsirhc made a great recc with Todd Snyder already, still browsing.

I love this gun club check but I don't think it's the right fabric, even for the woodsman wedding you've conceived but remember, it's her wedding and you're the fixture. We custom made over 300 wedding suits last year and some were made with your inspiration for a country style suit. You live nearby and if you want to explore the options, we're still showing fall/winter fabrics and we now have an amazing collection of authentic Harris Tweeds to offer.

falgfalg

Reaction score
I love this gun club check but I don't think it's the right fabric, even for the woodsman wedding you've conceived but remember, it's her wedding and you're the fixture. We custom made over 300 wedding suits last year and some were made with your inspiration for a country style suit. You live nearby and if you want to explore the options, we're still showing fall/winter fabrics and we now have an amazing collection of authentic Harris Tweeds to offer.

Gary you're a mind reader. I was going to come by and talk about shirts/ties, maybe I'll just come out in the next couple of weeks and do some shopping :cool:

hamish5178

Reaction score
Anyone have intel on replacement Bedford buttons?

I stopped in to NNY and the boys had plenty of the larger ones, but none of the smaller top buttons—they seemed sort of at a loss and weren't sure where they came from.

Specifically I am looking for a navy blue one.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have intel on replacement Bedford buttons?

I stopped in to NNY and the boys had plenty of the larger ones, but none of the smaller top buttons—they seemed sort of at a loss and weren't sure where they came from.

Specifically I am looking for a navy blue one.

A trim store in the Garment District should be able to help.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always been intrigued by the shoulder vest. How is it irl? Does it hang comfortably on the shoulder? Or is it prone to slide off? Does it make you look a bit silly?

21F1H030-WL002-Shoulder-Vest-Olive-Cotton-Double-Cloth_02_800x800@2x.jpg

21F1H030-WL002-Shoulder-Vest-Olive-Cotton-Double-Cloth_01_800x800@2x.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has the buckle that wraps around you so it doesn't slide off. I'm not brave enough to wear it alone, so I wear it under stuff.

Why need to be brave? Looks silly? I've seen it used on the outside of Bedfords and I think it looks pretty cool, like so:

1 (1).jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads