• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@spalwart agreed! @hoodog personally, the fatigue is much more wearable without being as much "fashion", but the FA pants are cool too. I'd go fatigues since there are already so much fabric on the FA. Not sure how I'd feel about the fabric in tops, tbh. I think this works best as bottoms, but could see a jacket with some wear being nice. Just think it'd be a bit stiff as a top.

Thanks for chiming in. I don't know why, but I feel strangely drawn to getting a full "suit" consisting of a heavy ripstop Bedford and FA pants or fatigues in the same fabric... Could be pretty dope!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hoodog do it! I did rinse my fatigues first thing when I got them, and that did help soften right out of the gate. put a gray hoodie underneath the blazer and you're cruisin'

Did they shrink any at all?

Phullyman

Reaction score
Anyone handled this season's heavyweight ripstop fabric as used on the FA Pants, Bedford, Fatigues etc? Thoughts?

I agree with @shopcanoeclub, the fabric is stiffer than normal ripstop so I feel like it's better suited for bottoms. I would picked up the fatigues first and then Bedford second.

DenimStudio

Reaction score
Matching heavyweight ripstop suit from this season. Hand sewn bandana scarf I made and the bunny was a hand sewn collaboration with a friend, Nour Alkhatib

Attachments

• 324BA6B4-9C66-4AC1-BCEA-645D412FFBFD.jpeg
    324BA6B4-9C66-4AC1-BCEA-645D412FFBFD.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 126

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
w2000_q60 (2).jpg
21F1D005-BK002-Bedford-Jacket-Olive-Heavyweight-Cotton-Ripstop_03.jpg
13568274_green_1.jpg
haven-engineered-garments-bedford-jacket-heavyweight-cotton-ripstop-black-2_grande-jpg.1717032

Attachments

• HAVEN-Engineered-Garments-Bedford-Jacket-Heavyweight-Cotton-Ripstop-Black-2_grande.jpg
    HAVEN-Engineered-Garments-Bedford-Jacket-Heavyweight-Cotton-Ripstop-Black-2_grande.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 476

Chunsak

Reaction score
The 2nd pic is a good example of what I was thinking. IMO pants look disproportionally bulky. 4th pic looks great but I think the Bedford fits him bigger to balance it out, plus the darker color of the jacket probably helps as well. I do like the FA pants a lot, you might just find fatigues more versatile if you want to wear them as a suit sometimes.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the current Workaday Hoodies? They look to run relatively large, based on the fit models I've seen around the web, but I've also seen different measurements from different retailers (I know, what's new?).

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
A few up close pics of the waxed navy fatigues. Not as heavy as I expected but an interesting finish on the fabric(I’m assuming its the rip stop fabric). I plan on washing them more than routinely to see how the wax coating wears.
0BF190B7-358B-4F96-AC4F-152200394106.jpeg
18A9350B-7119-435A-BEE0-AC0BC223D3D7.jpeg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No vote for FA pants then?

I’d get the FA pants first just because you’ll always be able to find good fatigue pants (either EG or something else). The FA pants seem likely to disappear, and then you’ll potentially be looking at stupid dollars for used, faded pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads