• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are a size Large, you should check buy and sell for BNWT NBs and Bedfords.

I understand there may be more size Larges listed in the next few days.

Interesting! If somehow this mysterious seller reads this, then I hope they feel free to drop med a PM. Maybe we can work something out. (Yes, I am a size L)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but I need some advise from you EG heads.

Currently looking at these Bedfords/NB in heavy ripstop and corduroy. Should I or shouldn't I? What's the difference between the NB and Bedford? Same size in both or do people size down/up in one of them?

View attachment 1707330 View attachment 1707331 View attachment 1707332

What are you going for, exactly?

The New Bedford is said to look a tad more sport coat-y, a little less chore coat-y, than the original Bedford (which is a sublime combination of both).

I would demand accurate measurements from the store/seller and not put stock in what anyone says about fit, as things change season to season.

I’d also go with corduroy first, as it’s more versatile for a standard workplace, and they do cord really well, IMO. My ripstop items seem to look faded/worn faster than anything else and often carry more of an overt military vibe than I’m looking for. I’d seek out a high count twill version first before branching out into ripstop.

chhase

Reaction score
almost full EG at the flea:
E2AEADFF-99C9-4A39-8817-958955E23EC4.jpeg

21D1815E-4B8B-41F7-B6C4-F173F7EC2E11.jpeg

besbesbes

Reaction score
Bought two watch caps this season from two different retailers.
One of them came with a regular tag, and the other one with a tag, never seen before.
Seen this before?
C8AE2516-F95F-44BF-8225-ED5F65D0D797.jpeg
4E5F31CC-9B57-4172-B5A2-BA87EB1867F3.jpeg

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here picked up anything in the flight satin nylon, or have any fit pics of it being worn? Doesn't seem to have sold too well, so is available now at discount in some of the styles that I like (e.g., explorer). The fabric interests me, but I'm uncertain whether I'd find it easily wearable. I also like the green, but am currently thinking of picking up a piece in black. Any thoughts, pics, etc. by people that have handled (or own) pieces in this fabric?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone here picked up anything in the flight satin nylon, or have any fit pics of it being worn? Doesn't seem to have sold too well, so is available now at discount in some of the styles that I like (e.g., explorer). The fabric interests me, but I'm uncertain whether I'd find it easily wearable. I also like the green, but am currently thinking of picking up a piece in black. Any thoughts, pics, etc. by people that have handled (or own) pieces in this fabric?

I was surprised to come across some random fluff in iPhone news that indicated the fabric is headed for popularity due to its adoption by the Kardashians. This winter, they’re sporting those puffy vests and bombers; next it will trickle down through the Instagram ranks and it’s possible that soon, we’ll all be dressed like middle schoolers.

Where is the green satin Bedford on sale, btw? I can’t even find it at regular prices.

Phullyman

Reaction score

I posted this several months ago. (not the best photo, but you can kinda tell if you zoom in) The fabic is kinda like what you would see in a coach's jacket. I think it's a pretty neat piece and can can be worn pretty easily

blackcheer

Reaction score
You're getting closer and closer to ranting about QAnon with every post

I was surprised to come across some random fluff in iPhone news that indicated the fabric is headed for popularity due to its adoption by the Kardashians. This winter, they’re sporting those puffy vests and bombers; next it will trickle down through the Instagram ranks and it’s possible that soon, we’ll all be dressed like middle schoolers.

Where is the green satin Bedford on sale, btw? I can’t even find it at regular prices.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're getting closer and closer to ranting about QAnon with every post

Right. He asked about the popularity of flight satin, and I mentioned an article about how it will soon become popular after a Kardashian wore it.

It wasn’t my position, but believing something will catch on after a celebrity does it is hardly conspiracy thinking.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads