• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can i get some opinions on the fit of this shirt, i think this is close to the intended fit, but I'm not used to a shirt being this long. also, the sleeves kind of puff out in a peculiar manner by the cuff which doesn't quite look right to me (again, this is probably intentional). on the fence between keeping it and returning it, any input is appreciated.

That's definitely how the workshirts fit now. The "puffing" at the cuffs is b/c there's no placket at the cuffs -- it's an old workwear style, probably to save money. So the cuffs are just attached to the sleeves, which aren't tapered much. I always roll my sleeves so it's never been a problem for me.

I think it looks fine, don't be afraid to run it through a hot/warm wash and tumble dry to get any shrink out, just button it up and turn inside out when you dry it. You might lose a bit of color but I love it when chambrays are faded out.

Speaking of workshirt fits -- I was swapping out summer/winter clothes last week and found a workshirt from maybe 2012 and it was probably 3 full sizes smaller than the current ones, but both mediums. The workshirts fit like a kurta...Crazy!

I was a M/L in EG from, say, 2008 until 2016, then it all sort of went pear-shaped. I've stuck with M but I'm starting to get a bit of a 1992 JNCO skater vibe from recent EG kit so may have to size down...

Thethrill

Reaction score
I think I'm just going to run with it and embrace the length. i think it will make for interesting layering at the very least. here it is with an overshirt and military chinos and i think it looks great. also hoping it might lose some length in the wash or i can get it shortened down the line if i want.

Attachments

• 20210615_120017.jpg
    20210615_120017.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 275

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm just going to run with it and embrace the length. i think it will make for interesting layering at the very least. here it is with an overshirt and military chinos and i think it looks great. also hoping it might lose some length in the wash or i can get it shortened down the line if i want.
Solid fit now. W&B overshirt?

0ldb0y

Reaction score
can i get some opinions on the fit of this shirt, i think this is close to the intended fit, but I'm not used to a shirt being this long. also, the sleeves kind of puff out in a peculiar manner by the cuff which doesn't quite look right to me (again, this is probably intentional). on the fence between keeping it and returning it, any input is appreciated.
I take all my work shirts to the tailor and hem the length by 1"-2" inches.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I personally like to tuck in that workshirt and roll up the sleeves. The more generous TTS ends up making my waist look small by comparison (at least to my eye) which I think looks flattering in an unexpected way. I like the cut quite a bit, it’s super comfy and easy to move around in.

chhase

Reaction score
Hi folks, trying to create some video content for brands that deserve more attention. Uploaded one for Engineered Garments today going over themes, styling, and sizing. Hope it's informative and enjoyable for you!

Camera quality is so good in the styling shots. Love those first pants

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads