• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phullyman

Reaction score
CC788999-2C2D-4F94-B4E4-714661B4CBDD.jpeg

blackcheer

Reaction score
On the topic of EG as work wear, here's a beautifully worn in, dyed and mended (sashiko) work shirt. Either that or it's an exclusive that I haven't come across before. The fit is pretty slim, it has a clear bottom button and the tag was originally white, so likely from SS16 I think, probably the white pima poplin one because of the white stitching and ease of dyeing. I have a few that look like this after years of wear, tear and care. Might share pics one of these days. Someone should buy this!

i-img900x1200-1614681807xmgpzg271787.jpg i-img900x1200-16146818078scfa1271787.jpg i-img900x1200-1614681807qpdiqz271787.jpg

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Always love to jump in on the topic of worn wear and these articles of clothes have no relationship to the thread topic, I think you'll get my gist that your clothes become your friends, they get tired with you, they have a similar expression to you, they can can tell many stories about you, they seldom fail you. I call them some of my favorite things. I started repurposing when I was very young, family of six children and always mending. I even learned how to darn my woolen socks, which I still do to this day. Then came the 60's crazy patched jeans era. (I wish I could find the picture of mine, which I know some of you have seen floating around instaworld) These days, it's a lot of elbow patching, Sashiko, colored button holes and thread. Third re sole on the Paraboots. Worn well, with Love!
IMG_5747.jpeg
IMG_5757.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg
IMG_5759.jpeg

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@canoeclub Thanks, they are one of my favorites. If you can find a pair of Bullard Field Pants, buy them. Model 1 fullest fit with button fly, Model 2 full fit with zip fly, Model 3 slimmer fit with zip fly. British Khaki was the first run color. They also used this fabric in a 5 pocket but Dad jean fit.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@canoeclub Thanks, they are one of my favorites. If you can find a pair of Bullard Field Pants, buy them. Model 1 fullest fit with button fly, Model 2 full fit with zip fly, Model 3 slimmer fit with zip fly. British Khaki was the first run color. They also used this fabric in a 5 pocket but Dad jean fit.

Being from Reading, the home of Bills, I had a pair of their original khakis in the 1990s. They had a LONG rise with a button fly, at least 9" leg openings and really substantial fabric that didn't really work for me (I had moved to NorCal, my pop sent me the pants). Since then Bills is not what it was but the first few years was ahead of its time a bit, I think. The fabric, as I said, was too hot for California (or at least my workplace) so I cut them off into shorts. Wish I could find those again. I think Buzz or RMC makes a pretty good replica of those WWII trews...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads