1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Knight

Knight Senior Member

I love coming back to this thread after a long time and seeing the looks pile up. It's always exciting as well as seeing entries from some of the longer standing members of the forum too.

Straight out of the look book (guilty as charged) but simply too good to resist.

[​IMG]

2. eluther

eluther Senior Member

Those boots are the NNY makeup from Russell, yeah? The Knockabouts?

3. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

They are yuketen's iirc, the knockabout was used as the nepenthes boot and is a little bit slimmer in the last.

4. Knight

Knight Senior Member

@eluther @fycus great guess mate these are Yuketens

5. Dino19

Dino19 Senior Member

@ Knight - how you size your Waders?

6. Knight

Knight Senior Member

@Dino19 I'd go true to size mate. It's fully adjustable if you wish for a more structured fit.

7. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Distinguished Member

Looking great @Knight . You pull off some of the most amazing looks.

This might be better served in the 2013 S/S thread, but Steven Alan is having a sample sale with a few EG items (plus some Garbstore and other aesthetically similar stuff).

http://www.stevenalan.com/sample-sale

8. mbaum

mbaum Senior Member

^ Completely agree. That fit with the waders looks stellar. One of my favorites from you! You've got to post more often [​IMG]

9. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior Member

Looking for a bedford in grey herringbone, but I'm confused about the models! I don't know anything about EG, so hope some of you experts can help :)

I found this on yahoo japan, but is it an older model or something? The photos are really awful, but some details look different from other bedfords. Like the stitching on the front, right? Length is measured as 75cm (~29,5"), which seems long for a small.
    Most herringbone bedfords I've found are charcoal, are there any good models in this lighter herringbone?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got outbid on this http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e154015215 which might've fit the bill. This one is semi-lined unlike the one above. So confusing.

10. eluther

eluther Senior Member

Stitching is standard – they've either always been like that or at least for a long while.

EG's sizing is inconsistent. Not drastically, but maybe that makes it worse because you're always between sizes with them. It's totally possible that season the S fit more like a M. I'd go off the shoulder measure if you can.

11. Knight

Knight Senior Member

Thanks fellas [​IMG] I'll try and post a little more often haha. I received some goodies from Gary recently which I'll post up soon.
    Mike you're always looking sharp mate and Dockers the workaday gear rocks. I'd love a pair of those 41 Khakis for myself too.

12. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior Member

Got myself the Expedition Jacket and the Popover from last season for a good deal.

Don't forget to sign up to their newsletter (even if you're already a registered account member) for another 15% off the sale price.

Use code: LETSGOFALL

13. nsltrls

nsltrls Senior Member

[​IMG]

Some WWII-inspired stuff.

---

FW13 CPO Shirt in Grey Wool Herringbone
    J. Crew Oxford in Olive
    Tanner Leather Goods Classic Belt in Dark Oak
    Workaday 41 Pants in Khaki Twill
    OSB Trench Boots in Brown Chromexcel

14. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Distinguished Member

Wanted to try out a suggestion @mbaum gave in the WAYWT thread a few weeks back regarding my rough and tumble long shirt:

[​IMG]

EG / R&T / EG / Yuketen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts? Suggestions? Had a hard time figuring out what shoes to wear, everything seemed either too formal or too informal.

15. mbaum

mbaum Senior Member

I think this looks really good. For sure, the top combo - knit and R&T is absolutely spot on and looks amazing.

I think the HP fatigues work well - I thought so based on the lookbook combo of similar fabrics in pic 19, where the model wears this knit with HB Knickers (Pics 23 and 24 are also good inspirations). I think, a little more contrast can work just as well - Dark blue fatigues, black or even olive perhaps?

If you stay all gray, I might choose a more rugged black derby/ blucher - plain or winged - or a more rugged boot. Alternative non-suede colors can include shell #8 or dark brown
    However, blue or gray tones would be my choice for casual shoes that would work very well in the fit with the HB fatigues - like NB (My favorites - take that, haters) or Converse or Vans.

Nice stuff. That knit ...