Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

@mbaum Looks great, and the summer jacket works fine. I don't have a problem mixing the seasons up. If it's warm enough/cool enough go for it.

2. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

^ I like the third variation best mbaum. Really nice. Doing the combi vest justice!

3. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

Been awhile since I've posted, but this thread brought me back in. Nice fits guys...

[​IMG]

Sassafras Half Gardener
    JCrew Shirt
    EG FW13 Canvas Fatigue Pant
    Russell Moccasin

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Mike, I liked 3rd-1st, 2nd-2nd (although I'm usually anti-nb's) and I think the 1st could be better with the combi upsidedown, but all good stuff mate!

also agree with jagger and knight, suffolk jacket is probably the most underrated get still awesome looking jacket this season

5. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Thanks, guys. Gotta say that I absolutely love that thing. more so than last season's apron. Every season needs a crazy piece but I leave it to @Knight to rock the combi vest/ apron combo ...

Yes, @Jagger_On , a size L popped up out of the blue at Silver and Gold. Super nice guys to deal with and I grabbed it immediately.

I like it best in the context of a more formal fit like the first one and the plan is to wear it with a brown homespun bedford and the 14W corduroy cinch pants (Already on order). I do like how the fit with the Needles fatigues turned out but think the denim shirt game could be better (Maybe band collar chambray?).

@ManofKent , living in LA requires to combine the seasons as it mostly stays mild. That Andover has subtle light blue/ light brown-ish stripes that make it a really good piece to combine with the more brown hues of FW.

By the way, pant in first pic is the homespun Truman. The third installment of my super-fail Ghurka experiment and ... it remains a fail: I love the pleads, roomy thighs and taper that on those is very manageable. For some reason the top block is really screwed up with way too much fabric around front and hips (As is fine) - That causes all the wrinkling upfront - not a good thing and a bummer as the rest of those pants is really, really good.

Mike

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Yes the Andover works well - navy and mid-brown are a nice combo.

If the Truman are a 36 and you decide they're not good enough drop me a PM :)

---

No new AW14 for me, but a SS14 plaid miner shirt, polka dot scarf, swallow T and the AW13 olive reversible pants have arrived from Bodega (annoyingly via UPS rather than USPS so a big customs bill :( ). Awaiting the SS14 expedition jacket...

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

that shirt was such a good buy man, always jealous of your looks!

8. nsltrls

nsltrls Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Imagine my surprise when I found out tonight's weather would be in the high 30s. No complaints here.

FW12 Navy Melton Wool Duffle Coat
    FW14 Green/Navy/Red/Yellow Fair Isle Knit Tie

9. eluther

eluther Senior member

I'm not a big fan of straight chambray/denim with fatigues. The colors are too saturated to be next to one another like that. I think that look would be fine if you added a dark jacket over the top, though.

For what I do think would work well in this context: I don't think you own the pieces, but I think the Needles printed chambray shirts would work well – the floral/cheetah print "peaked pocket" shirts. That or a printed EG chambray. Or anything with a really large print (e.g. this season's printed floral Lafayettes) or a single-element geometry (e.g. polka dot, university stripe).

10. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

^ Good ideas, man. You mean the light blue Needles with either floral or leopard (Or cheetah ...) print? The western/ cowboy ones from last season? When Ben and I raided the Mohawk sample sale they had like tons of those there. Should have gotten one ... Like the idea of the Lafayette as well. I do like demin and fatigues though ...

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Wool Bedford, Miner shirt, E1's with elastic removed:

[​IMG]

@Beedub - E1's with elastic removed as promised - pretty roomy

12. m4gdelen4

m4gdelen4 Senior member

@penanceroyaltea Really diggin how well the corduroys work with the EG. What are those pants? Another stellar look [​IMG]

13. nsltrls

nsltrls Senior member

Lots of great stuff on this page. What do you all use to take your photos? My iPhone in my apartment is producing some pretty crappy shots, so I'd be willing to spend a bit to take decent shots on a point-and-shoot w/ tripod. Any recs.?

14. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

x-post from the silhouette challenge

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

15. Beedub

Beedub Senior member

Thanks, Looks good!