• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El QUaG

Reaction score

Does anyone know if there's any difference fit wise between SS13 and SS14 fatigue shorts ? I tried a pair of SS14 recently and they seemed a bit baggy as well as not having the cinch buttons on the waist which is annoying. I can get hold of a pair of SS13 online and was hoping they maybe a bit slimmer ?

True to size on SS13 Fatigue Shorts which does have waist button cinch; but size down with SS14 which do feature a waist drawstring in the absence of button cinch.

For example, I went with Medium in SS13 but sized down to Small in SS14. I am a true to size 32" waist.

Hope that helps you with the acquisition planned!

modual

Reaction score

True to size on SS13 Fatigue Shorts which does have waist button cinch; but size down with SS14 which do feature a waist drawstring in the absence of button cinch.

For example, I went with Medium in SS13 but sized down to Small in SS14. I am a true to size 32" waist.

Hope that helps you with the acquisition planned!

Thanks for that !

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how tall are you though, some xs workshirts have the t-rex sleeves and/or the really high side hem gussets

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dayton shirt doesn't look that slim in person, wind was hitting me?

dayton
19th c tattersall
reverse sateen fatigues

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok but just so you know, I'm around 5'7" and from the ones I've tried in xs its been like 50/50

for some odd reason daiki does a big sleeve length drop from s to xs on several items

workshirt sleeve length drop can land anywhere in the 1"- 2.5" range, check out context or gentry sizing charts

Last edited:

cold war painter

Reaction score
I've tried sizing down from S to XS in a couple of EG items - 19thC buttondown and a Bedford jacket - but the short sleeves have been a problem. To wear those items properly with arms in proportion to height I'd need to be under 5'5" at a guess. So I just need to buy smalls and accept the relaxed fit really.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ fit on the chambray looks good in your pictures. You could always try running it through a warmer wash or a brief go in the dryer to tighten it up a bit? I've found my most regularly worn eg shirts have shrunk down a fair bit from washing.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realized I hadn't posted a proper fit pic with this jacket. Feeling nicely ahead of the curve given the new rebooted version seems to feature pretty heavily in SS15
cool.gif

Actually looking at the new one compared to mine they seem to have tweaked it for the better - the sleeves look maybe a touch slimmer (they're quite voluminous on mine) and it seems to drape really nicely worn open. This one doesn't seem to work unbuttoned but that's how they've styled it in the ss15 lookbook.

Chelsea jacket
Western shirt
LVC jeans
Vans

lawlercon

Reaction score

gotcha. thanks for the input guys. i'm not unhappy with my small at all, just feel like an XS might work better, but i probably just need to get accustomed to the more relaxed nature of the shirts.

Overtime they do get smaller. I've got a FW10 chambray workshirt that has been HEAVILY worn that has shrunk in the length as well as sleeve length atleast in inch or so. It's almost become too short in the sleeve length unfortunately. Just wear it and wash it often, it should get a shorter in length and sleeve length...

Where It Went

Reaction score
Overtime they do get smaller. I've got a FW10 chambray workshirt that has been HEAVILY worn that has shrunk in the length as well as sleeve length atleast in inch or so. It's almost become too short in the sleeve length unfortunately. Just wear it and wash it often, it should get a shorter in length and sleeve length...
yeah, that's what i'm planning on. i love the shirt so much that it will be getting plenty of wear and washes anyway!

ps- any plans to keep simple threads going? i've been a fan for some time.

lawlercon

Reaction score

yeah, that's what i'm planning on. i love the shirt so much that it will be getting plenty of wear and washes anyway!

ps- any plans to keep simple threads going? i've been a fan for some time.

Yea man I'm sorry real life just crazy at the moment. New baby and about to have a new house. It will be back once I move.

Thanks for asking!

mbaum

Reaction score
Have not posted here in a while although I have worn EG like crazy over the past few weeks and posted in WAYWT. So here are a few recent EG-themed fits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads