1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior Member

True to size on SS13 Fatigue Shorts which does have waist button cinch; but size down with SS14 which do feature a waist drawstring in the absence of button cinch.

For example, I went with Medium in SS13 but sized down to Small in SS14. I am a true to size 32" waist.

Hope that helps you with the acquisition planned!

2. modual

modual Senior Member

Thanks for that !

3. Where It Went

Where It Went Member

Anyone happen to have an EG chambray work shirt in an XS they'd want to trade for a S? I'm thinking I'd like the fit of an XS better.

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Distinguished Member

how tall are you though, some xs workshirts have the t-rex sleeves and/or the really high side hem gussets

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

5. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

dayton shirt doesn't look that slim in person, wind was hitting me?

dayton
    19th c tattersall
    reverse sateen fatigues

6. Where It Went

Where It Went Member

i'm only 5'8"-5'9". going off of the small that i have, i could lose an inch or more in the sleeves and still be alright i think.

7. canstyleace

canstyleace Distinguished Member

ok but just so you know, I'm around 5'7" and from the ones I've tried in xs its been like 50/50

for some odd reason daiki does a big sleeve length drop from s to xs on several items

workshirt sleeve length drop can land anywhere in the 1"- 2.5" range, check out context or gentry sizing charts

8. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior Member

I've tried sizing down from S to XS in a couple of EG items - 19thC buttondown and a Bedford jacket - but the short sleeves have been a problem. To wear those items properly with arms in proportion to height I'd need to be under 5'5" at a guess. So I just need to buy smalls and accept the relaxed fit really.

9. Where It Went

Where It Went Member

gotcha. thanks for the input guys. i'm not unhappy with my small at all, just feel like an XS might work better, but i probably just need to get accustomed to the more relaxed nature of the shirts.

10. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior Member

^ fit on the chambray looks good in your pictures. You could always try running it through a warmer wash or a brief go in the dryer to tighten it up a bit? I've found my most regularly worn eg shirts have shrunk down a fair bit from washing.

11. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior Member

Realized I hadn't posted a proper fit pic with this jacket. Feeling nicely ahead of the curve given the new rebooted version seems to feature pretty heavily in SS15 [​IMG]

Actually looking at the new one compared to mine they seem to have tweaked it for the better - the sleeves look maybe a touch slimmer (they're quite voluminous on mine) and it seems to drape really nicely worn open. This one doesn't seem to work unbuttoned but that's how they've styled it in the ss15 lookbook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chelsea jacket
    Western shirt
    LVC jeans
    Vans

12. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior Member

Overtime they do get smaller. I've got a FW10 chambray workshirt that has been HEAVILY worn that has shrunk in the length as well as sleeve length atleast in inch or so. It's almost become too short in the sleeve length unfortunately. Just wear it and wash it often, it should get a shorter in length and sleeve length...

13. Where It Went

Where It Went Member

yeah, that's what i'm planning on. i love the shirt so much that it will be getting plenty of wear and washes anyway!

ps- any plans to keep simple threads going? i've been a fan for some time.

14. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior Member

Yea man I'm sorry real life just crazy at the moment. New baby and about to have a new house. It will be back once I move.

Thanks for asking!

15. mbaum

mbaum Senior Member

Have not posted here in a while although I have worn EG like crazy over the past few weeks and posted in WAYWT. So here are a few recent EG-themed fits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]