• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bedfords, floral shirt, Brookline, APC NS, how do I wear the floral side of the brookline?

Last edited:

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's EG and you don't have to follow any roolz but I think those would look better without all the buttons done...

Seems to be pulling a bit much?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right, I usually wear the bedford as a blazer but when it's cold out I button it up underneath the brookline or any coat, I don't like buttoning up the brookline... and also I've gained weight.

Edit: nvm I'm just bad at taking pictures, and also I had my arms back which stretched the jacket. Took some new ones with buttoned and unbuttoned looks. The plaid shirts are uniqlo, floral ones are EG.

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Digging the nail apron Knight! And the C-1 action Pratt Kale, good stuff! I've been wanting to experiment with mine as an outer layer more often (like the ss14 runway looks), its a great as a mid-layer piece though.

Only one EG item here but thought I'd post anyhow, SS14 heather grey cotton oxford USNs (thanks to Drinkwaters!)

with Ts(s) scarf, Post Overalls jacket, Kamakura shirt, Tricker's

Knight

Reaction score
Those USNs look terrific mate. Is that the engineers jacket in the indigo swirl?
Digging the nail apron Knight! And the C-1 action Pratt Kale, good stuff! I've been wanting to experiment with mine as an outer layer more often (like the ss14 runway looks), its a great as a mid-layer piece though. Only one EG item here but thought I'd post anyhow, SS14 heather grey cotton oxford USNs (thanks to Drinkwaters!) with Ts(s) scarf, Post Overalls jacket, Kamakura shirt, Tricker's

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Those USNs look terrific mate. Is that the engineers jacket in the indigo swirl?

It sure does look like it. I have been eyeing that engineers jacket however I am in blue jeans most of the time and am not quite sure that indigo swirl would look good on top of them. Have you tried it with jeans? I have the engineers in indigo vintage hickory stripe on its way to me - my first o'alls piece. It should look good on top of jeans. I do like the indigo swirl though.
Such a shame Post is so difficult to find in the States - absolutely crazy as I am located just outside of NY - where the stuff is made!

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks mate! yeah its the indigo swirl engineer. Haven did a sneak preview of Post spring/summer stuff months back and showed the traveler vest in that fabric and I had it in my mind since I needed something in it.
It sure does look like it. I have been eyeing that engineers jacket however I am in blue jeans most of the time and am not quite sure that indigo swirl would look good on top of them. Have you tried it with jeans? I have the engineers in indigo vintage hickory stripe on its way to me - my first o'alls piece. It should look good on top of jeans. I do like the indigo swirl though.
Such a shame Post is so difficult to find in the States - absolutely crazy as I am located just outside of NY - where the stuff is made!

It actually looks pretty good with jeans - better than I expected - I got it primarily to wear with grey and olive pants. Hickory stripe sounds a good way to go with denim.

Knight

Reaction score

Thanks mate! yeah its the indigo swirl engineer.  Haven did a sneak preview of Post spring/summer stuff months back and showed the traveler vest in that fabric and I had it in my mind since I needed something in it.

It actually looks pretty good with jeans - better than I expected -  I got it primarily to wear with grey and olive pants.  Hickory stripe sounds a good way to go with denim.

You're welcome mate keep up the posts, I think everyone who keeps posting just looks terrific! Those engineer jackets are amazing so you chose well. I still have 2 pieces to get then my ss14 hoarding is done.

I did however get the short coverall jacket in the indigo denim railroad stripe. I figured I'd go all out and wore this today and yes I had some interesting reactions:

/ short coverall jacket indigo denim railroad stripe / work shirt blue chambray / painter pant indigo denim 8oz / bow tie & Tablier in navy printed foulard / trickers

Concerning tabliers: if you all wish to get one they're quite long and you'll find yourself wearing them quite high around the waist.

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice fit knight, I really like the fold over cinch strap detail on the painters

regarding the tablier,
- how far does it wrap around your back?
- have you considered hemming the tablier in order to wear it a bit lower on the waist?
- is there any other way you could think of wearing it?
- if possible, could you post measurements and maybe a pic spread out, or is it just a big square with the smaller fold over part, I want to get a feel for the size/shape of this thing and how else I could possibly wear it or could do with it now that I know its going to be too long from the start

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score
Thanks cansty! This seasons painter pant had the best details I've seen yet.

I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

- The Tablier wraps just like any other apron only difference -- it's just from the hip down

- it has 2 long straps that wrap right around your hip then back to the front so you can tie it up nicely

- it has 2 belt loops -- one on each end, this way your straps don't draft about as you tie it up

- the front pouch is detachable

- it's not square, it doesn't blouse towards the bottom either -- it's more of an even rectangle than anything else

You can easily hem it from the bottom up if you're shorter in height. I'm 6ft and from the pics in the lookbook the length is right for me personally.

Another way you could wear it could possibly be a scarf. The pouch is detectable leaving nothing but a long rectangular fabric with 2 straps. You could easily fold it up, cover the straps and you've got yourself a foulard scarf.

I can pm you with measurements if need be -- I'll try to get that done for you soon. Hope this helps for the meantime mate.

Dino19

Reaction score
^ Knight, since you have both the Tablier & Nail Apron, which do you think is more versatile or easier to carry off?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Knight, more info than expected, cheers mate! and yeah I'm considerably shorter hence the hemming question

Last edited:

kape

Reaction score

Pardon the terrible pic and pregnant belly. Fiance's Easter FWK fit.

Knight

Reaction score
^ nice scarf!

@canstylease anytime, hope it helps.

@Dino19 it depends what you're going for. I personally believe the nail apron has the most versatility you can wear it as an apron as I did in my look pic / you can wear it as an out wear piece over a Bedford, Andover etc and you can also wear it as a vest! I picked up the latest issue of Brutus magazine and it has 6 pages of beautifully styled looks -- one showing the nail apron worn inside. See below. Hope this helps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads