• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

coooaaat

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with cord. I also have a homespun wool one that is perfect
Yeah I'm considering black or navy cord. I like the grey poly wool one from this season too but I think that sort of mid-grey can be hard to wear.

Unrelated: This FW16 Pathfinder jacket is what got me in to EG

1664818747257.png

1664818752587.png

The corduroy-lined patch pockets, cuffs, and collar are fantastic, especially the latter which has a clasp to keep your neck warm on cold nights. Less practical is the rear "map pocket", which I don't think I've used even once, but it is extremely cool. I love this ripstop color, which goes with pretty much anything, but the (rare?) blackwatch plaid version looks great too.

I feel compelled to write a eulogy for it because I'm finding it increasingly hard to wear: it's cut on the slim side, especially under/around the arms, so it's hard to layer anything underneath. I might casually look for a size up but not sure if this would really fix the issue.

A couple years ago they did an exclusive Pathfinder jacket for Loftman with a more contemporary fit, sans map pocket, and with a stand-up Harrington-style collar in place of the corduroy lined one. I can only hope this means that the concept is still rattling around Daiki's head and that we get a "true sequel" some day.

Beedub

Reaction score
What are y’all favorite versions of the loiter jacket? I’m considering picking one up as the weather cools off
The patchwork regimental stripe from a couple of years ago was so so good but I slept on it (if anyone’s got a large that they don’t want, I’ll happily take it off your hands).

coooaaat

Reaction score
I saw one on ebay while browsing but sadly a small. I wish they’d done loiter jackets in the ripstop/cord patchwork from a couple years ago

another question for the room: how is the weight of this season’s HBT fatigues vs last year’s heavyweight fatigues? @shopcanoeclub

blackcheer

Reaction score
The patchwork regimental stripe from a couple of years ago was so so good but I slept on it (if anyone’s got a large that they don’t want, I’ll happily take it off your hands).
My fav loiter is the "ethnic floral jacquard" from either FW17 or FW18.

(Have it in M but been hunting for it in L for a while now)

134634594-01.jpg

NXNW

Reaction score
@coooaaat I happen to have both fatigues you're talking about in the same size and a kitchen scale handy. Get ready for an OCD answer.

This year's HBT is 736 g and last year's ripstop is 746 g, so <1.5% difference in size L. They fit me the same and have the same features. I can't tell the difference in weight.

Both feel heavy. The HBT is softer while the ripstop is more rigid and dense. I'm happy I got both.

coooaaat

Reaction score
thanks @shopcanoeclub @NXNW ! I have a pair of the black HBT fatigues on the way. I really dug the rigidity of year's ripstop fatigues and regret only getting the green ones. I'm a bit of a ripstop addict though, so maybe the variety will do my wardrobe some good

coooaaat

Reaction score
I wish Paraboot offered a narrow fit. I have weird 11B feet so anything described as "generous fitting" will just fall off if I size for length, and crush my toes if I size for width. Same deal with Tricker's. The only chunky leather shoes that work for me and my EG uniform are MIE Doc Martens and I still need a plush insole.

I've always been drawn to the "Marron" color Michaels but those darker ones look great too!

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncommonSequel