• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I've looked through this thread and I know that the general consensus is that the NB Jacket is a more trim version than the Bedford (and without the shoulder stitching, but with buttons on the sleeve). Can someone speak to how trim the NB is, and where it's more trim (chest? waist? shoulders? all?). I wear an XS Bedford in the SS21 line and the fit is perfect, but wondering if an XS NB would be too snug. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Some more context would be helpful.

What size do you usually wear in EG (or other popular brands)?
When you say it fits perfectly - what does that mean to you? How do you prefer clothes to fit?
What is your height and weight?
How are you hoping the NB Jacket will fit you?

The NB jacket has a more traditional (slimmer) blazer fit compared to the Bedford. I don't think you'd want to size up because that defeats the purpose of buying a slimmer fitting blazer.

Beedub

Reaction score
That looks dope and I'm suspicious that the jacket is pinned, it just looks so clean and neat. :tinfoil:

Who knows? But it does say on the Goodhood webstore that the model is something like 6’3” (wearing a Large) so I expect that that is having a big impact on the fit?

Dad Shoes

Reaction score
Some more context would be helpful.

What size do you usually wear in EG (or other popular brands)?
When you say it fits perfectly - what does that mean to you? How do you prefer clothes to fit?
What is your height and weight?
How are you hoping the NB Jacket will fit you?

The NB jacket has a more traditional (slimmer) blazer fit compared to the Bedford. I don't think you'd want to size up because that defeats the purpose of buying a slimmer fitting blazer.
Thanks for the reply and the personal styling questions! In old EG (2015?) a small in the Bedford has a trim, slightly shrunken fit that is comfortable, but any smaller and it would be constricting. SS21 Bedford XS is bigger all the way around and comfortable without being oversized. For comparison, I wear a 36S in J.Crew blazers. I'm hoping the NB will fit the same way as the current XS Bedford without being tight and constricting. Looking for a regular fit--not too tight, not too loose. Kind of like the picture below if that helps at all. Thanks again!
1628788197069.png

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@illiterate I wish it was like that, but no, the lower sizes of the aviators in Coyote and a couple pairs of pants are what I'm suspecting my UPS driver did not deliver... ha!

hey also, for anyone who needs to hear it and didn't see it in my thread, the Hoka x EG Bondis will be releasing online at 10am MST tomorrow the 18th.

illiterate

Reaction score
@illiterate I wish it was like that, but no, the lower sizes of the aviators in Coyote and a couple pairs of pants are what I'm suspecting my UPS driver did not deliver... ha!

hey also, for anyone who needs to hear it and didn't see it in my thread, the Hoka x EG Bondis will be releasing online at 10am MST tomorrow the 18th.
Ohhhh lol, yeah that makes sense.

Beedub

Reaction score
I’m assuming that the Aviator fits a bit longer this season, with it not having the ribbed waistband?

jaaz16

Reaction score
^ I bought that same workshirt in the second photo from you guys! I like how it can go with both lighter and darker pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads