• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

illiterate

Reaction score
I thought about getting couple shirts on sale and hemming it. Is that a stupid idea?
Not at all. The plaids have the logo at the bottom depending on how short you want them. The BDs don't.

0ldb0y

Reaction score
I thought about getting couple shirts on sale and hemming it. Is that a stupid idea?
I'm a shorter guy so I took my work shirts to get hemmed. I told the tailor to keep the label at the bottom. "For what? I throw away!" was his answer lol. I told him to keep it on which he did. The only problem was he snipped the exposed thread on the sides for no reason :mad:. I also got a short collar shirt hemmed which ran pretty long. Tailor said "shirt too big!" :rotflmao:

illiterate

Reaction score
For what its worth, they received a lot of criticism/feedback about how large the shirting has gotten and for FW 20 the shirting has been slimmed down.
Not that I don't believe you but where did you hear this?

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
@illiterate kinda sounds like you don't believe me ;)
I heard it at the Engineered Garments showroom in NYC and saw the shirting samples for FW20 myself.

illiterate

Reaction score
@illiterate kinda sounds like you don't believe me ;)
I heard it at the Engineered Garments showroom in NYC and saw the shirting samples for FW20 myself.
aha.. nah I thought maybe you worked at a store that carried EG or something. good to hear!

Phullyman

Reaction score
I'm a shorter guy so I took my work shirts to get hemmed. I told the tailor to keep the label at the bottom. "For what? I throw away!" was his answer lol. I told him to keep it on which he did. The only problem was he snipped the exposed thread on the sides for no reason :mad:. I also got a short collar shirt hemmed which ran pretty long. Tailor said "shirt too big!" :rotflmao:
Not the chainstich run off!!!

illiterate

Reaction score
1583520685883.png

My phone camera blows, so apologies in advance for the blurry pic.

Double cloth coastline parka for a wet/snowy day. My first ever parka purchase. I was always hesitant to purchase one because I think they look best on people 6ft+

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.