• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

robj83

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a quick question about EG fits. I recently bought a couple of medium size EG shirts, one chambray and one denim, my first purchase from the brand. Everything M fits me pretty well, but these shirts are way big, more like an L or XL from other brands. So before I take them to my local taylor, which I probably will anyway, Im wondering if they are supposed to be super loose and bloused - and Im no "getting" the fit, if such a thing is even to be considered. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Rob

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a quick question about EG fits. I recently bought a couple of medium size EG shirts, one chambray and one denim, my first purchase from the brand. Everything M fits me pretty well, but these shirts are way big, more like an L or XL from other brands. So before I take them to my local taylor, which I probably will anyway, Im wondering if they are supposed to be super loose and bloused - and Im no "getting" the fit, if such a thing is even to be considered. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Rob
Can you post some pics? It's hard to tell whether these shirts are actually big on you or just comport with the EG aesthetic. If you're new to the brand, it's possible that they fit completely as they should but that you are not necessarily used to it.

robj83

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Here is the denim one, tucked so my point is made a little better. Fits great on the shoulders but widens out massively around the hips.

Can you post some pics? It's hard to tell whether these shirts are actually big on you or just comport with the EG aesthetic. If you're new to the brand, it's possible that they fit completely as they should but that you are not necessarily used to it.

robj83

Reaction score
Embrace the loose fit. Most shirts I’ve had by them have been over sized and now that’s my look and I enjoy it.
Thats good advice. Probably Ill end up finding some common ground between how theyr meant to fit and how they fit me.

Xonnel

Reaction score
shirt looks good. work shirt is meant to be oversized. looks silly when online stores size down on models. the other style EG shirts tend to be a little smaller than this shirt.

this style shirt works best with a tee underneath unbuttoned during the day buttoned up in the evening for me. rarely tuck mines into trousers but have a few times and works.

beneficialmovie

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the reply.View attachment 1225050 Here is the denim one, tucked so my point is made a little better. Fits great on the shoulders but widens out massively around the hips.
Yep, that's pretty much exactly how it should fit. I would refrain from tailoring it. The drop hem is what gives it character and makes it a shirt to be worn untucked. Wider, higher rise pants complement the fit. You can style it all types of ways. Not that I am a barometer, but here are a couple of fit pics where I am wearing a size M workshirt. I like it as a base layer in colder temps and top layer in milder weather.

robj83

Reaction score
Looks killin', man. Thanks for your time and advice. By the way, are those Wallabees on the first pic?

Yep, that's pretty much exactly how it should fit. I would refrain from tailoring it. The drop hem is what gives it character and makes it a shirt to be worn untucked. Wider, higher rise pants complement the fit. You can style it all types of ways. Not that I am a barometer, but here are a couple of fit pics where I am wearing a size M workshirt. I like it as a base layer in colder temps and top layer in milder weather.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.