1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

^ You sure that's an Engineers Jacket?

I have an exact same one from EG FW12. It's called the Railroader Jacket in 12oz. indigo denim.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

I guess it's the Railroader... I can never remember the exact names of EG products. I wanna say I bought it in late 2011, but I could be wrong about that too.

3. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Loving what you did with the button shawl there.

Really like this too. I didn't realise that vest came in olive, I think I prefer that to the navy one I have which I haven't even worn for some reason. Really liked it when I tried it on but for some reason I always end up putting it back in the cupboard and wearing something else. Think I'm preferring the olive one that you have at the moment due to the fact I have so much stuff in navy.

4. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Timpo, what do you think of the mismatch Vans? Do you think it's easy to wear or near impossible? It looks cool on first sight but I'm on the edge.

5. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Depends on how you style it. Worth going to a Vans store and trying it out in person. It would work well with the actual Needles versions (in those drab colors), but I didn't find a Vans equivalent that would work. You could try dying the white Vans versions to get something sort of equivalent without shelling out too much for the real deal.

6. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Thanks for your view. I'm thinking of getting the Needles pair in Khaki. But, my wifey thinks it's over the top, that puts me on the edge. Maybe she's too conservative.

7. Pratt Kale

Pratt Kale Member

I don't have much EG yet. And in late summer you cant really do much layerin either. But its not always about the layering.

[​IMG]
    FW 12 Shawl collar shirt jacket
    [​IMG]
    SS 12 fairisle beach jersey cotton/linen
    [​IMG]
    SS 13 madras scarf
    (WWM SS11 shiprock parka)
    [​IMG]
    FW 12 shirt jacket again.
    (PRL cardigan, Haversack shirt)
    [​IMG]
    SS 13 cotton/linen ecru truman pant
    (Country rangers, PRL chambray shirt)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. Knight

Knight Senior member

Firstly, Thanks man :) I actually wanted the navy first, then quickly changed to olive. I needed an olive vest and I never looked back :) I have the Aviator jacket from FW12 in the same fabric and I actually wore the vest over it! All the pocketing makes it look quite cool.

Prat you look good man that fair isle cardigan looks awesome -- a piece I'm regretting not getting sadly.

Finally re the mismatch sneaker issue. It's not a trend. People have been doing it for decades. I say go for it and have fun with your wardrobe. At the end of the day if you like it, wear it!! I'm actually ordering the mismatch lace ups myself this FW (olive/khaki combo).

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Knight, did you order the EG x Vans or Needles mismatch?

Pratt, I like the shawl collar shirt jacket but could manage to down my size then. Sorta regretting it now.

10. Knight

Knight Senior member

I ordered the EGxVans mismatch I missed out in sizes for the needles ones. I was going to buy a green and khaki version and mix them around.

Second Stage Japan feature the needles ones in almost all their styling. If you want to feel inspired I suggest checking their website out.

[​IMG]

11. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

EG x Vans is a same style/design but a mismatch in the material while the Needles' version is a mismatch in style/design (slip-on with lace-up). I have no problem on the EG x Vans but I'm still not sold on the Needles & trying to digest it. Tough decision.

It's my first fit photo in SF. I was rocking my Chambray RR jacket in Tokyo in May during my trip there. A very easy piece to wear.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Cons X Missoni?

13. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Yes, the 2nd generation model

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

I just started at the beginning of this thread and read all the way through. Too bad so many old pics are gone.

Timbo, you're a true EG master.

Someone sell me the argyle bedford in medium pls.

15. JOA

JOA Senior member

[​IMG]
    S/S '09 Popover while swatch browsing. Suit w/ NB was a try-on situation only.

16. chrisf

chrisf Member

Just bought my first pair of Olive Fatigue pants, just wondering what people think are the best winter footwear options with them

17. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I think a moc-toe style boot is a good option with the fatigue pants. The visual heaviness of the moc toe design helps lends enough visual substance to ground a fit that includes these rather loose fitting pants. I think a sleeker shoe or boot tends to get a little lost in the larger leg opening.

I think footwear options open up in summertime when you can roll up the fatigues above the ankle which helps to keep sleeker and lower profile footwear from looking "swallowed up" by the pants.

18. chrisf

chrisf Member

Thanks man, was thinking Yuketen Maine Guide although I'll have to see how well they go when the pants are delivered

19. JOA

JOA Senior member

I wear mine with every range of shoe--Danner Mtn. Light boots, Alden Longwings and loafers, New Balance 900 series, etc. I think a key is how you handle the hem depending on the shoe. I roll mine with loafers but keep the hem straight with a boot. But, in general, they're as versatile a pant as you could expect.

20. Knight

Knight Senior member

Which Olive Fatigues did you get? Mainline or Workaday?

It depends on how you intend to wear them, i may be repeating what others have said – If you wear it casually, you could wear them with New Balances 900s, 1400s, 1500s, even 1600s will work well. If you wish to dress it up, anything by Yuketen or Trickers, Viberg, Paraboot even Birkenstock Bostons work very well with them. Daiki tends to wear them with Bostons quite often.