1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Doogan

Doogan Active Member

I hope that I'm not breaking any rules here but I am selling a navy field parka in size large. I've posted a thread in the sales section - please check it if interested.

2. falgfalg

falgfalg Well-Known Member

3. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Hey, I've been thinking about one of the Workaday utility jackets, and i'm wondering if anyone can comment on sizing? I've got couple work shirts in Large that fit well, if not exactly as slim as I like (but i'm fine with), and take a large in most everything else. I have on workshirt in Medium, and it fits well but is a little short, as i'm 6'3, with about a 42" chest. I'm thinking large, but I don't want it to be too billowy. I'm pretty tall and athletic/slim build.

4. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

The utility jackets have a boxy fit, I sized down from S to XS for mine and it worked well, that being said I'm only 5' 6". As tall as you are I would not recommend it, the sleeves would probably end up comically short on you.

5. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

You should go with the Large. It is a boxy fit, but sizing down will likely result in a fit too tight in the chest and shoulders.

Note that I have found sizing on the Utility jacket to be a little inconsistent from season to season.

6. Fooleo

Fooleo Active Member

Yeah I would say a large would be a solid choice. Like mentioned, they are a bit boxy and work well for layers. I'm about 5'10 with a similar build and have enough room in a size M for a sweatshirt underneath, but it also still looks fine over just a t shirt. Worst comes to it, toss the L in a hot wash and tumble dry and it should do just the trick

7. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll look at the large more seriously then. Length is my main concern, as always. I think the utility is olive sateen would be such a versatile piece, near year round wear.

8. mythage

mythage Senior member

Thanks Bry & Noob for the replies. I picked up one in medium and one in small, gonna see which one suits me better.

1 person likes this.
  9. Toby Price

Toby Price Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Photographers vest
    Work shirt
    LVC
    Mckinlays

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    8 people like this.
  10. teojhn

teojhn Member

Double Cloth Bedford. Any comments on the fit? I'm thinking of sussing a tailor to lengthen the sleeve for me. There is sufficient room in the body for me to chuck on an extra sweater hence I figured this size (XS) works for me. I'm usually either an S or XS. I did not get to try the S as there was none left.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  11. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

I would size up.

12. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

edit: double post

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  13. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

@teojhn -- size up. It looks like you're gonna explode through the buttons.

4 people like this.
  14. leeba

leeba Senior member

Was able to acquire a mini-grail (FW12 HomeSpun Bedford) but unfortunately it's a little tight. Nicer than expected though, first EG F/W piece for me and everything down to the buttons + button coils are expectedly robust. Figure I would post here since this is probably someone's grail as well - its an L if anyone is interested. It's the same one KGFan posted way back in one of his many break the internet fits.

15. teojhn

teojhn Member

[​IMG]
    @tobiasfunke @JilSlander Thanks for the tip. This is just another view of the same bedford but with a shorter length shirt under. Somehow suddenly the sleeve doesn't feel as short. Weird. Yesterday's picture was with an untucked oxford bd. I guess if there is really no chance I will be passing it on and wait for the "right one".

16. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

[​IMG]

fw16 double cloth highland parka
    fw14 huntsman pants
    Aldens

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    7 people like this.
  17. modual

modual Senior member

Did you size down on the Highland parka @blue peter

18. blue peter

blue peter Senior member

i didn't size down (L in bedfords, L in HL Parka) - i'm 99% pleased with the fit but there is a part of me that obsesses over the position of shoulder seams and 1% of me thinks the seams sit a slight bit "down" on my shoulders, however, with winter layers beneath (there is NO insulation so layers are a necessity) the shoulder fit is fine, which I suppose is the point...haha

cheers

19. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

M51 style Fishtail parkas are designed to be oversized and typically have a larger shoulder measurement. They are designed to be worn with layers underneath.

20. modual

modual Senior member

The fit looks good. Definitely not as oversized as alot of the model pics i've seen online. What layers are you wearing underneath it ?