1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Size up in your case. The Bedford is a very casual jacket and is designed to accommodate layering. See any of the lookbooks for examples.

2 people like this.
  2. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

[​IMG]

FW12 CPO
    FW15 Button Shawl

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    10 people like this.
  3. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

I think all of your looks would be a lot better w/ more EG style footwear man. That fit would be killer with some black NB 993's or something.

4 people like this.
  4. Leicher

Leicher Member

Fit of the CPO is spot on, glad you got it.

5. CrowShit

CrowShit Well-Known Member

6. vcrash

vcrash Well-Known Member

Here's a better full photo:
    [​IMG]

Someday I'll get around to taking decent photos of all the EG I've accumulated...

3 people like this.
  7. ramdomthought

ramdomthought Senior member

glad someone here (especially you!) snagged that one. Good pic and styling dude

8. stevenkmason

I agree that my footwear isn't the most congruous with my EG stuff. It's tough because I wear a large size (between 14EEE and 16D depending on the last and pattern) so most stuff isn't avilable in my size or is only available MTO with a large markup. I have some NEOC camp mocs in brown waxed flesh that could have been better with this fit. I also have Alden #8 shell LWBs and some OG GATS that I'll sometimes wear with EG stuff. I have some black mako shark chukkas that I'll wear occassionally too but I'm not a big fan of the PSI of chukkas with more cropped fitting EG pants, which all of mine are since I'm 6'10". Any suggestions for footwear in my size would be welcome.

Thanks again man. I couldn't be happier with it. I've been keeping an eye on the over parka and fisherman pants and may try and snag those eventually as well.

Thanks! CPO is 20 oz navy homespun wool.

9. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tss, EG, WVG, Sugarcane, Redwings black cherry beckmans (not pictured) I think I might've blue myself today....

1 person likes this.
  10. CrowShit

That coat's wild!

@stevenkmason so I have you and @lawlercon to blame that there's never S for sale on the EG board?

11. CrowShit

oops double post.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  12. stevenkmason

There's never XXL stuff either! I see a ton of S on eBay and Grailed!

13. pe3brain

pe3brain Senior member

@CrowShitthanks!it's from 2012 and I bought it off YJP, it was listed as dead stock if I remember correctly.

@stevenkmasonit's easy to buy XL off ebay/grailed! Just search 3 times a day every day for months and when anything in your size comes up offer exactly what they are asking for minutes after the item is posted! Then cry cuz you didn't even need/want the thing you just bought.

1 person likes this.
  14. Toby Price

Toby Price Well-Known Member

Has anyone got the McKinlays x Nepenthes sherwood boots in a uk9 wanting to shift? open to any colour

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

@mythage: I had to size up on two styles of coats (Bedford and Derrick) and have them altered. The shoulders are probably too large from a style forum perspective, but since they're both soft-shouldered jackets, they conform to my shoulders anyway, so they didn't jut out the way a more formal jacket would have.

YMMV, though. I've heard sizing can change season to season, so hopefully you're able to try everything on first...

(Also, whoops, I seemed to have missed a page of replies)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Active Member

I like non-traditional EG footwear worn with EG. There's a user here, Thatoneguy I think, who wears EG with Margiela zip up boots. Looks fantastic.

And @pe3brain you need to clean your room!

3 people like this.
  17. happyvillian

happyvillian Well-Known Member

I know it's still pretty damn cold in a lot of areas, but any styling suggestions on this smock shirt? Just picked this one up (thanks you to the seller if you're reading), and can't quite figure out the best fits.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The pic you provided is an example of a good fit. I would just experiment with this smock either as an oversized shirt (paired with EG fatigue or workaday fatIgue trousers for instance) or as a top layer with a long sleeve shirt underneath. In fact, using the smock as a pullover sweater/vest substitute can lead to an interesting fit.

1 person likes this.
  19. happyvillian

happyvillian Well-Known Member

Didn't think to layer it over a long sleeve. That definitely opens up new doors, thanks!

20. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The key to wearing EG is to think of layering each of the pieces and doing so in non-obvious ways. Let us know what you come up with.