• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ManofKent they are 2011 I believe but thanks for the insight on the fabric.

@eluther thanks for your comment, I was pretty sure cinch back pants were not what I was looking for, but wanted to make sure. As far as buying I'm looking at used from rakuten, grailed, and yahoo Japan, I am a college student and appreciate your compliment.

I'm trying to experiment more right now with cheaper looser pants and found some eg clinches for relatively cheap (70 plus shipping), and just wanted to make sure they wouldn't work like I thought they wouldn't. Thanks for the ideas on cheaper pants! My budget for a pair is 70-80,so these suggestions look great.

As far as my taste goes I understand what you mean, I want looser pants to grow my taste, I like the look of looser pants in photos, but I'm unsure if I personally would like them in any form other than jeans, wool or corduroy feels like the perfect FW fabric for me, because I live in the Midwest and even now our days are starting to deep into the 30s (Fahrenheit).

Corduroy or even brushed cotton fatigues might be the way to go. Both are pretty versatile fabrics season and formality wise. I'm guessing that like me you're of the fuller proportioned waist than some of the skinny dudes on here - finding larger sizes on Rakuten can be difficult, but when they do crop up they are often reasonably priced. If you pm me your waist size I'll keep an eye out when I'm browsing. As eluther suggests don't be afraid to mix other brands with EG.

mbaum

Reaction score
Everybody looking sharp. Weather is significantly cooling down in LA to the point where we can pull out to EG wool for our mid-50's nights. I still have to throw on the combi vest from last season. And I have not bought anything from FW15 yet and think it will stay that way ...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everybody looking sharp. Weather is significantly cooling down in LA to the point where we can pull out to EG wool for our mid-50's nights. I still have to throw on the combi vest from last season. And I have not bought anything from FW15 yet and think it will stay that way ...

There were a lot less must 'buys' for me this season - picked up corduroy fatigues, olive moleskin bedford and a tab-collar shirt but anything else will probably be from the sales. There's a lot I like, but little that say's must have - I think it's the very black & blue colour palette compared with last year's more (for me) interesting range.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from yesterday's WAYWT - mainly FW13 I think:

I keep seeing the matching jacket and vest for these trousers but still can't decide whether it wold be too much..

blue peter

Reaction score
falling water fit

what an absolutely beautiful place - an emotional experience

'15 wool button shawl
'15 wool bedford
'14 19cbd dobby oxford
'14 b1p uniform serge
alden crepe sole bluchers

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weather has not felt like fall so taking the opportunity to extend SS

SS15 Paisley Dayton
19th C. Buttondown
FW15 Charcoal Worsted Wool Cinch Pant

Great fit, and that Dayton is a superb piece.

Knight

Reaction score
^ Lovely styles from everyone! Keep on posting all of you. Man of Kent you never disappoint :)

TF black floral jacq
Round collar big plaid black
Tie floral flannel black
Lt parka grey
BDU
Trickers x EG split toe boot

This plus the look i posted a little while back were the 2 silhouettes I wanted to try and pull off.
Oh and regards to @eluther for the footwear recommendation.

Last edited:

Loop Skywalker

Reaction score
Cross-post from yesterday's WAYWT - mainly FW13 I think:

I keep seeing the matching jacket and vest for these trousers but still can't decide whether it wold be too much..

Great look! I'm always in for something bolder, but I think I prefer it as it is now.

innerpiece

Reaction score
Hi guys - haven't been on SF in a minute and figure I could do more than lurk this time around.

I love this thread. I see a couple of familiar fits/names around here as well as some great inspiration.

Speaking of Earl's:

EG NyCo CPO
Reigning Champ
Earls Fatigues
New Balance

mbaum

Reaction score
@Knight That is indeed a great shape with the TF over the parka. If you don't ,I will blow up the pic as that fantastic silhouette gets a tiny bit lost in the small pic
smile.gif

@innerpiece - Welcome. I love Earl's fatigues and wear those all the time when I do air travel. You simply cannot beat the price-per-comfort point ratio on those ...

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those earls look good on you, for some reason i cant get them to look right on me - they just look huge and boxy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics