Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Hey man, really appreciate you chiming in. Thanks for telling me about the sizing and how you feel. I'm normally large, and am looking for an oversized fit, but maybe i'll go with a medium instead of large? I'm 6'4 205lbs, so length isn't a problem. Still unsure though. Looking at that parka in the olive melton wool now actually. Didn't know that was an option before, but it looks awesome. I prefer wool over cotton like every time basically. And I also want a sateen over parka, so I think it might be redundant to have each in the same fabric.

Anyways, i'll find more info on my own, but thanks again for your input. And great work on that video, its a very detailed and well done video. Great for people who are looking for a more in depth review. People need more of that stuff. Good work. You should do something short with a few new fits and a bit of a review after you've worn it a bit. Just a few minutes or something, to supplement the video you've got, for posterity. I've been scouring the internet for hours, and haven't found tons of info on it, so the more the better.

We all act like EG is something lots of people own, but that's just because its styleforum. Styleforum gives that feeling towards most cool niche brands. Most of these pieces are limited to a few thousand, of all sizes, or less, world wide (i'm speculating, please correct me if i'm wrong). So really, they are pretty rare.

Also, notice you don't have many posts. Welcome to styleforum my friend. Even if you've only got one piece from EG, make sure you contribute to the discussions.

2. SirMeowly

SirMeowly Senior member

Don't size down. I'm 6'0 150 and a M fits almost perfect on me. The only thing that's wrong on it fit-wise is that the sleeves could be a half inch shorter. I'm usually between a small and a medium, but the bit of extra size on the parka really helps. It's meant to look big and cloak-y (like is said in that video).

@hideous replica please please make more videos like that. It was awesome. Hopefully you don't mind if I take your idea and do a similar thing for some other pieces this season?

3. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Thanks for the fit info my friend. Much appreciated. Based on what you've said, large is for sure the ticket for me. I'm 205lb, but i've only got a 40" chest. Huge ass and thighs, and i'm more legs than upper. I've also got ultra long arms, so hearing the sleeves are long on you at 6'0 is good news.

And if there was interest, I could do a video, like @hideous replica for my CPO and Expedition jacket when I get back from vacation, much like @SirMeowly is suggesting. Things like that would be great for people who are lurking on this thread, but aren't regular contributors (much like I was for a long time.)

4. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

The dude who commented about your speaking voice is an idiot...don't sweat it. Well done on the video. Made me want one even more.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

wool bedford and olive whipcord usn pants

6. ramdomthought

ramdomthought Senior member

looks pretty solid mikey, i wish the hat was bigger as it looks a bit small for your head

bedford+shirt+usn+boots looks really great

7. notdesigned

notdesigned Senior member

This is so good.

8. hideous replica

hideous replica Member

Thanks Nakedsnake, SirMeowly, and Patrick_b, appreciate that, truly.

Snake and Meowly, looking forward to your vids man! Definitely wouldn't mind a look at that melton wool highland if you do go that route... [​IMG]

9. eluther

eluther Senior member

I'm 6', ~175 and sized a S on the parka and can fit 5 layers under it. Just get something with the right sleeve length and you'll be fine.

10. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

I like the hat a lot, the pieces work great together and think it looks really good. I might switch out the shoes in this fit though.

Thanks!

11. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

@hideous replica Mate, thanks also for the video. Being OCD myself, the level of detail and fanaticism definitely appealed to my detailed obsessed sensitivities. I would truly love to see you do more video reviews like this. Really great stuff!

Personally, I am tentatively waiting on the SS15 release of the Highland Parka in a lightweight fabric (whilst still keeping it water resistant) and hope they adjust the usual EG sizing issues from current season.

Note Haven fit pics show the size SMALL on the model, but the sleeves appear a little short with the jacket buttoned up.

[​IMG]

12. hideous replica

hideous replica Member

Thanks, @El QUaG , appreciate the support!

Fwiw, the way I sized the sleeve is teetering on the edge of short, about wristbone

13. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

Another simple fit.

[​IMG]

EG Coverall
    JCrew Shirt
    Eternal 883
    Russell Moccasin

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Ebbets
    EG CPO
    EG 19th c BD
    RL cargos
    Nike BA project

BS 180, popped a big 6 inches or so

15. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

^ Very cool. I wish I had any talents ...