• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your watch thread

phaseshift

Reaction score
I'd like to see what you guys are working with in this department, so post pics of your watch! Whether it be a timex to rolex, no requirements here. I think a watch is a must in someones arsenal!

Here's mine, I would really like to get a blue faced version of my Omega Seamaster, I got this in 2008 still looks amazing, very well built. I was gonna re enlist so I bought it as a present for me, re-enlistment bonus at the time as 80k...I ended up not re-enlisting and kept it, but sold the Nikon D80 I used to take these pictures haha

IMG_2371.jpg

Here it is next to my Nixon

IMG_2369.jpg

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
ahh crap, but I figured since we don't have one in the streetwear & denim forum..you know...

Then don't mind me.
smile.gif

But it will be hard to entice the watch enthusiasts to post here. That one has been quite successful

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Then don't mind me.
smile.gif

But it will be hard to entice the watch enthusiasts to post here. That one has been quite successful

that's true, well it was worth a try. I searched the S/D forum for any watch thread like the one in Mens Clothing but there were not here. I rarely hop over to the Mens Style forum....don't know why.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love watches and always have at least a small collection of them, but I believe the reason a watch thread only exists in MC is because most SW&D dont care for watches or even wear them at all, SW&D is mostly younger guys used to reading time off a cellphone or whatever, but maybe I'm wrong, idk.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mostly use the 'new posts' button as such I'm rather oecuforical.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Paging both BB1 and gdl203; I think this could be a decent thread, if only for the fact that there exists lines between watch aesthetics (MC watches, BB1?) and the clothes that you wear with them. (what kind of watches do goth ninjas wear?) I wear one of these (bought when I thought I was gonna wear some pseudo military aesthetic all the time
redface.gif
) It has been a good watch to wear everyday. I plan to buy some more watches later, but I plan to settle on one or two good dress watches, another daily sports watch, and then another military officer-esque watch.
sinn1.jpg

Boston Tweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Paging both BB1 and gdl203; I think this could be a decent thread, if only for the fact that there exists lines between watch aesthetics (MC watches, BB1?) and the clothes that you wear with them. (what kind of watches do goth ninjas wear?)

I wear one of these (bought when I thought I was gonna wear some pseudo military aesthetic all the time
redface.gif
) It has been a good watch to wear everyday. I plan to buy some more watches later, but I plan to settle on one or two good dress watches, another daily sports watch, and then another military officer-esque watch.

sinn1.jpg

I really like this watch, and owned it (on a strap) for several years before selling it for something dressier (I wasn't a huge SW&D guy at the time).

One thing I did with the watch that really gave it a different look was putting it on a NATO strap. The one I used was similar to this one...I liked the look and it is a great way of getting the feel of a different watch for $20.

http://www.rolex-mens.com/images/8/12804530405.JPG

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I actually plan to have it on an olive nylon strap sometime soon, maybe for Spring. I am just waiting to acquire a new watch before I start changing the aesthetic of the Sinn.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
We need Zippy in this thread too.

I think you've got a few too.
smile.gif

These are all repeats from the other thread.
blkseal.jpg

gmtr.jpg

daylight.jpg

speedyq.jpg

pam91.jpg

seadweller.jpg

cosmonaute.jpg

bigpilotsd6.jpg

doppelfa6.jpg

pamsubdd3.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I think you've got a few too.
smile.gif

No way I post after you shut the thread down. And that is not even half of your collection.
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics