Show off your watch thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by phaseshift, Jan 7, 2011.

1. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I'd like to see what you guys are working with in this department, so post pics of your watch! Whether it be a timex to rolex, no requirements here. I think a watch is a must in someones arsenal!

Here's mine, I would really like to get a blue faced version of my Omega Seamaster, I got this in 2008 still looks amazing, very well built. I was gonna re enlist so I bought it as a present for me, re-enlistment bonus at the time as 80k...I ended up not re-enlisting and kept it, but sold the Nikon D80 I used to take these pictures haha

[​IMG]

Here it is next to my Nixon

[​IMG]

2. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

3. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

ahh crap, but I figured since we don't have one in the streetwear & denim forum..you know...

Then don't mind me.[​IMG]

But it will be hard to entice the watch enthusiasts to post here. That one has been quite successful

4. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Then don't mind me.[​IMG]

But it will be hard to entice the watch enthusiasts to post here. That one has been quite successful

that's true, well it was worth a try. I searched the S/D forum for any watch thread like the one in Mens Clothing but there were not here. I rarely hop over to the Mens Style forum....don't know why.

5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I love watches and always have at least a small collection of them, but I believe the reason a watch thread only exists in MC is because most SW&D dont care for watches or even wear them at all, SW&D is mostly younger guys used to reading time off a cellphone or whatever, but maybe I'm wrong, idk.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Paging both BB1 and gdl203; I think this could be a decent thread, if only for the fact that there exists lines between watch aesthetics (MC watches, BB1?) and the clothes that you wear with them. (what kind of watches do goth ninjas wear?) I wear one of these (bought when I thought I was gonna wear some pseudo military aesthetic all the time [​IMG]) It has been a good watch to wear everyday. I plan to buy some more watches later, but I plan to settle on one or two good dress watches, another daily sports watch, and then another military officer-esque watch. [​IMG]

7. Boston Tweed

Boston Tweed Senior member

Paging both BB1 and gdl203; I think this could be a decent thread, if only for the fact that there exists lines between watch aesthetics (MC watches, BB1?) and the clothes that you wear with them. (what kind of watches do goth ninjas wear?)

I wear one of these (bought when I thought I was gonna wear some pseudo military aesthetic all the time [​IMG]) It has been a good watch to wear everyday. I plan to buy some more watches later, but I plan to settle on one or two good dress watches, another daily sports watch, and then another military officer-esque watch.

[​IMG]

I really like this watch, and owned it (on a strap) for several years before selling it for something dressier (I wasn't a huge SW&D guy at the time).

One thing I did with the watch that really gave it a different look was putting it on a NATO strap. The one I used was similar to this one...I liked the look and it is a great way of getting the feel of a different watch for $20.

http://www.rolex-mens.com/images/8/12804530405.JPG

8. impolyt_one

I actually plan to have it on an olive nylon strap sometime soon, maybe for Spring. I am just waiting to acquire a new watch before I start changing the aesthetic of the Sinn.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Paging both BB1 and gdl203

We need Zippy in this thread too.

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

We need Zippy in this thread too.

I think you've got a few too. [​IMG]

These are all repeats from the other thread.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. impolyt_one

[​IMG]

12. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Senior member

[​IMG]

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think you've got a few too. [​IMG]

No way I post after you shut the thread down. And that is not even half of your collection. [​IMG]