• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your best leather jacket and why

cronicmole

Reaction score
avro-james-concerned.jpg
Buy my jacket or Buy me a pint or I'll kill you and that whore from whence you came... you decide.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
293d5de.jpg

Whatever this slim, collarless A2 jacket is that John Legend has.

himelator

Reaction score
isnt this a bit 1980s memebers only? I would buy a vintage version they are cheaper

emptym

Reaction score
I've read your blog and enjoyed it. Thanks for it. Probably because of your blog, I bought a vintage Brimaco cafe racer that I'm very happy with. Thanks for that too.

himelator

Reaction score
never much like lamb skin its not durable enough...great style though needs a stronger leather

himelator

Reaction score
Arnt those brimaco's the bomb! I am going to make a copy but out of stronger leather...if you saw what a brimaco looked like new you might not want to buy it lol very hard leather

dh

woolymammoth

Reaction score
Why? 30-40 years old, was my father's jacket, puppy chewed it, nice pockets etc.

wallace-b.jpg

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
My Goodwear Leather Civilian jacket:

2pq6cr5.jpg

103yffc.jpg

My jacket is the same color and type of leather but a different style...I'm wondering if it even needs to be conditioned? Doesn't all leather need to be conditioned to keep from drying out?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by himelator
never much like lamb skin its not durable enough...great style though needs a stronger leather

I've known of your blog for a while now (learned of it from here), but I never knew of your company till after I read a few posts (also here about the Herrons). I only clued in later that the blog connects to the company site. Herrons are very nice and nicely priced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads