• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shout out for mountain and sackett

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
https://www.mountainandsackett.com/

I've had a very positive experience with them. I ordered two wool ties that were on sale for half off. They were a bit short for my manly sausage-neck and freakishly large torso, and when I asked about exchanging them I was sent not two but three long ties to replace them, as well as a FedEx slip for the originals.

The ties are also beautiful.

Highly recommend.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be the best online company I've dealt with.
The wool ties I bought were superb and reasonable. The service is something else. Originally Bill Mountain thought the standard shipping to Australia was too much so took it upon himself to reduce it. Then, when a black tie was mistakenly sent to me instead of navy he told me to keep it and he would send the navy for free and also would pay for the shipping.
It doesn't get any better than this.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they just announced their Holiday ties and some of them (wool and grenadine) are really classic

http://www.mountainandsackett.com/pr...?idCategory=41

218SLA_sm.jpg

215CHA_sm.jpg

214CHA_sm.jpg

213BRO_sm.jpg

217BRO_sm.jpg

222PAC_sm.jpg

222NAV_sm.jpg

vezatron

Reaction score
^^^ Came to post this. Finally they narrowed their ties down! Now to blow a bunch of money...

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vezatron
^^^ Came to post this. Finally they narrowed their ties down! Now to blow a bunch of money...

Too narrow for me. Anything below 3 3/4" is against my religion.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties posted above look great. Must check out the website...

mccvi

Reaction score
I cannot find a more recent thread, so thought I would post here. I just placed and received an order from M&S as they have a sale on some ties. The quality is great and the fabrics superb, plus it's made locally here in New York.

I've been buying from them for a couple years now, but felt compelled by the most recent purchase to urge people to check them out.

gherrmann

Reaction score
I will echo others' comments. I ordered one of the sale items two days before it went on sale, and they readily gave me the sale price. and the ties are nice.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Thanks for posting - just checked out their site for the first time, the ties look nice. Will give them a try soon.

EZ

mccvi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EZETHATSME
Thanks for posting - just checked out their site for the first time, the ties look nice. Will give them a try soon. EZ
No problem. I purchased the Glen Plaid wool tie for $55 or something. Since you get to choose from a variety of widths and lengths, while it's not bespoke... it's close and the quality is great. As a tall guy, finding long ties in wool is beyond hard - between Sam Hober and Mountain & Sackett I feel fortunate (maybe someone should start a tall guy thread?).

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've been loving M&S for the better part of two years and counting now. Fantastically priced ties for the quality you get. Their wool ties are especially nice.

Getzione

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old tread to ask; How does these ties tie? Im thinking of ordering a few.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
Resurrecting an old tread to ask; How does these ties tie? Im thinking of ordering a few.

They tie very well. Dimple easily. Buy with confidence.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of their wool flannel ties and it's great.

samus

Reaction score
I have their Autism Speaks checkered tie and I love it. Great cause too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads