1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Shout out for mountain and sackett

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr. Caber, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Mr. Caber

Mr. Caber Senior Member

https://www.mountainandsackett.com/

I've had a very positive experience with them. I ordered two wool ties that were on sale for half off. They were a bit short for my manly sausage-neck and freakishly large torso, and when I asked about exchanging them I was sent not two but three long ties to replace them, as well as a FedEx slip for the originals.

The ties are also beautiful.

Highly recommend.

2. spectre

spectre Distinguished Member

This might be the best online company I've dealt with.
    The wool ties I bought were superb and reasonable. The service is something else. Originally Bill Mountain thought the standard shipping to Australia was too much so took it upon himself to reduce it. Then, when a black tie was mistakenly sent to me instead of navy he told me to keep it and he would send the navy for free and also would pay for the shipping.
    It doesn't get any better than this.

3. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Distinguished Member

4. vezatron

vezatron Senior Member

^^^ Came to post this. Finally they narrowed their ties down! Now to blow a bunch of money...

5. comrade

comrade Distinguished Member

^^^ Came to post this. Finally they narrowed their ties down! Now to blow a bunch of money...

Too narrow for me. Anything below 3 3/4" is against my religion.

6. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Distinguished Member

Ties posted above look great. Must check out the website...

7. mccvi

mccvi Senior Member

I cannot find a more recent thread, so thought I would post here. I just placed and received an order from M&S as they have a sale on some ties. The quality is great and the fabrics superb, plus it's made locally here in New York.

I've been buying from them for a couple years now, but felt compelled by the most recent purchase to urge people to check them out.

8. gherrmann

gherrmann Senior Member

I will echo others' comments. I ordered one of the sale items two days before it went on sale, and they readily gave me the sale price. and the ties are nice.

9. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior Member

Thanks for posting - just checked out their site for the first time, the ties look nice. Will give them a try soon.

EZ

10. mccvi

mccvi Senior Member

Thanks for posting - just checked out their site for the first time, the ties look nice. Will give them a try soon. EZ
    No problem. I purchased the Glen Plaid wool tie for $55 or something. Since you get to choose from a variety of widths and lengths, while it's not bespoke... it's close and the quality is great. As a tall guy, finding long ties in wool is beyond hard - between Sam Hober and Mountain & Sackett I feel fortunate (maybe someone should start a tall guy thread?).

11. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

I've been loving M&S for the better part of two years and counting now. Fantastically priced ties for the quality you get. Their wool ties are especially nice.

12. Getzione

Getzione Senior Member

Resurrecting an old tread to ask; How does these ties tie? Im thinking of ordering a few.

13. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Distinguished Member

Resurrecting an old tread to ask; How does these ties tie? Im thinking of ordering a few.

They tie very well. Dimple easily. Buy with confidence.

14. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Distinguished Member

I have one of their wool flannel ties and it's great.

15. samus

samus Senior Member

I have their Autism Speaks checkered tie and I love it. Great cause too.