• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should've I gotten my pants shorten to 28 instead of 29?

David Yanez

Reaction score
I'm wearing Zachary Prell Aster pants & brown suede chukka boots
EbeIRDlX0Acda8J.jpg

Attachments

• EbeIRDlXsAoAyv1.jpg
    EbeIRDlXsAoAyv1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 15
  • EbeIRD_WoAA0ue9.jpg
    EbeIRD_WoAA0ue9.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 120
  • EbeIROTWkAAnBdl.jpg
    EbeIROTWkAAnBdl.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 116

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think another inch would be good. Can you tuck them up an inch and take another pic?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you might not even need full inch, just try half inch first?

David Yanez

Reaction score
Yeah, I think another inch would be good. Can you tuck them up an inch and take another pic?
Awesome! I cuffed them 1 inch & they looked great. You could also see the form of the boot. I sent 'em out to get shorten already, forgot to take pic. Sorry.
I've NEVER had my pants shorten to 28 before. I never really realized you can get pants shorten. I've always been a pull off the rack-30 inseam guy. Levi's Lucky Brand.

Every time I went to websites like Nordstrom & saw pants with a 34 inch inseam I thought the clothing company were discriminating against short people lol. Like you had to be born tall to wear our clothes. Silly I know.

As soon as I get my pants I'm going to take my black jeans to get shorten to 28. That way I could see more of my Chelsea boots. Thanks for the tip.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome! I cuffed them 1 inch & they looked great. You could also see the form of the boot. I sent 'em out to get shorten already, forgot to take pic. Sorry.
I've NEVER had my pants shorten to 28 before. I never really realized you can get pants shorten. I've always been a pull off the rack-30 inseam guy. Levi's Lucky Brand.

Every time I went to websites like Nordstrom & saw pants with a 34 inch inseam I thought the clothing company were discriminating against short people lol. Like you had to be born tall to wear our clothes. Silly I know.

As soon as I get my pants I'm going to take my black jeans to get shorten to 28. That way I could see more of my Chelsea boots. Thanks for the tip.
I'd personally consider just cuffing the jeans by hand; denim can loose some of its aesthetic hemming it like you would chinos unless you go to someone that knows how/has tools to replicate the manufacturer's finishing. It would also let you adjust the inseam for each shoe rather than being fixed.

Reaction score
For jeans its really a matter of preference. Im a standard 28 inch inseam as well, but some pants I have hemmed to 30, some to 28. 30 hems for pants I want to have a little stacking, or if I want to fold them hems for nice clean cuffed look.

Keep note that the leg opening and how slim the pants are can affect how length looks on a pair of pants. My slim/regular fits I like to keep at 28 as I can use them for the office, while wider fits I actually keep at either 29 or 30 so I have room to fold them without having too think a cuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads