• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

shoulder shape between labels

albuddah

Reaction score
is the style of shoulder relatively constant within a label, or does there exist quite a bit of variation within a label so that I can find very structured as well as more natural shoulders within a label?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the company. Bigger companies often make a range. Things also change over time.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it depends... some companies have a general shape that they always work with, or they only have a few slight variations and they change other features... some will have completely different shapes depending on the model (more often the bigger brands)

albuddah

Reaction score
I guess I meant to ask the question in relation to a single year. Should I be able to expect to find at least a single well-fitting suit within a label?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a label?

Large companies/brands often have various cuts they make. They can vary. You could consider the company a label or each sub brand a label.

albuddah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
What do you mean by a label? Large companies/brands often have various cuts they make. They can vary. You could consider the company a label or each sub brand a label.
I guess I mean within a sublabel, for example Zegna couture.
Originally Posted by civies
Depends on the company.
I couldn't seem to find anything searching the forum, but are there any you know of which have a very limited range, in terms of how the shoulders fit?

Hoodyy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
What do you mean by a label?

Large companies/brands often have various cuts they make. They can vary. You could consider the company a label or each sub brand a label.

I think he means sub-label.

For example Black Label by Ralph Lauren.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 45 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 92 31.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 54 18.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.5%