• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoulder roping uneven?

owenlloyd512

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The left-back side of my jacket's should has seem to come undone, but the right back side has roping still, can this be fixed by the tailor? it doesn't seem to be affecting the front of the jacket at all. Apologies for the poor quality pics, I hope it gets the idea across

Attachments

owenlloyd512

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry to comment under my own post... but is this even worth worrying about? I'm fairly new to classic menswear.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I really can't tell what is going on from these photos. Can you show us the sleeveheads from the front and back on both sides?

owenlloyd512

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Unfortunately I really can't tell what is going on from these photos. Can you show us the sleeveheads from the front and back on both sides?
I got some better pics here. Basically, the problem is on the back of the jacket, the roping on the right sleeve head is much more prominent than on the back left side. The front is fine on both sides though/

Attachments

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I had a sports jacket where this was a problem and my alterations tailor was able to sort it out without a problem.

It was actually delivered to me in that condition from Spier and Mackay, it wasn't something that occured over time. I would probably have returned it if I'd brought it from a seller in my own country in that condition, but returning it overseas was too much effort so I just had it fixed at my own expense.

owenlloyd512

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had a sports jacket where this was a problem and my alterations tailor was able to sort it out without a problem.

It was actually delivered to me in that condition from Spier and Mackay, it wasn't something that occured over time. I would probably have returned it if I'd brought it from a seller in my own country in that condition, but returning it overseas was too much effort so I just had it fixed at my own expense.
Must be a common thing with Spier and Mackay then, mine is too and it's far too far to deliver back, too much of a hassle, might take it to the tailor and have that fixed then, I figured I need the sleeves a quarter inch shorter too anyway.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think what would bother me more than the roping (which should be fixable) is the asymmetry in the pattern matching between sleeve and shoulder in the front. Left sleeve looks more correct; right sleeve matches nowhere and is asymmetric compared to left.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susej392