• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoulder comparison of Borrelli, Brioni, Kiton, and Isaia

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say just post a sample of each brand. The differences should be self explanatory after that.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
I say just post a sample of each brand. The differences should be self explanatory after that.

well, there is a problem in this as trying to see differences in a photo with all the different angles and such it is hard to depict the subtleties that really come out in play when you actually see it in person. so i rather just have someone tell me how their borrelli is and so forht.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
2j1of93.jpg

I believe I've made this very joke. Can also compare 'n' contrast with the Neapolitan shoulder favored by the original series Romulans.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I believe I've made this very joke. Can also compare 'n' contrast with the Neapolitan shoulder favored by the original series Romulans.

I prefer to think that I reintroduced your joke to the next generation of new members like sho'nuff.

- B

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Easy enough. Here is a sartorial all star with different shoulder treaments.

One of the best dressed men of our era, "The black Prince Michael (not of Kent )"

Here in a Huntsman military look ( note the structured shoulder )

michael_jackson.jpg

Prince Michael in a Roman look, Caraceni perhaps, ( note the slightly roped shoulders ) and also the soft overall look and the Keaton collar shirt:

michael-jackson.jpg

Soft Neapolitan look ( Not Rubinacci ):

thriller-michael-jackson.jpg

The vintage look ( note the notch lapet Tux )

michael_jackson.jpg

This post has been Al Sharpton approved.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Easy enough. Here is a sartorial all star with different shoulder treaments.

One of the best dressed men of our era, "The black Prince Michael (not of Kent )"

Here in a Huntsman military look ( note the structured shoulder )

michael_jackson.jpg

Prince Michael in a Roman look, Caraceni perhaps, ( note the slightly roped shoulders ) and also the soft overall look and the Keaton collar shirt:

michael-jackson.jpg

Soft Neapolitan look ( Not Rubinacci ):

thriller-michael-jackson.jpg

The vintage look ( note the notch lapet Tux )

michael_jackson.jpg

This post has been Al Sharpton approved.

nice. this was all i needed, thanks.

mrbig

Reaction score
Just FYI - Michael favoured (from what i can see) YSL, Dior Homme and Gucci. AFAIK everything in the above post was made/designed by Bill Whitten (the "Huntsman military look") and the "Caraceni" look designed by Michael himself, made by Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins.

And now the question - Where does Tom Ford fit in this spectrum? He did say IIRC his suits had an italian influence...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbig
Just FYI - Michael favoured (from what i can see) YSL, Dior Homme and Gucci. AFAIK everything in the above post was made/designed by Bill Whitten (the "Huntsman military look") and the "Caraceni" look designed by Michael himself, made by Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins.

And now the question - Where does Tom Ford fit in this spectrum? He did say IIRC his suits had an italian influence...

Wow, you seem to really know your MJ design stuff! Is this:

jackson-michael-photo-michael-jackson-6205114.jpg

Designed by Bill Whitten or by MJ himself?

AFAIK even Vox doesn't design his own stuff, but I could be wrong. Perhaps Vox designed the above outfit. That would really be impressive!

GTR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
I never found out, but what does Neapolitan mean in terms of design/look?

Bandwagon.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox is generally correct in his comparisons except, at least this past season, the local
retailers of Isaia, Saks and Nieman Marcus, are carrying a newly-designed Base S
model which has much more padding in addition to a shorter jacket and a much closer fit
than last year. I own several Isaia Sirio garments, the immediate predecessor of the
Base S, and the fit is very different. In fact, I would have to go up a size in the current
model despite having lost five pounds in the last few months. I wouldn't buy
this model anyway as I am a natural shoulder fanatic. It seems that the Italian
vendors are reverting to their old silhouttes. I never wore an Italian jacket until five
or six years ago when natural shoulders became common.

mrbig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Wow, you seem to really know your MJ design stuff! Is this:

jackson-michael-photo-michael-jackson-6205114.jpg

Designed by Bill Whitten or by MJ himself?

AFAIK even Vox doesn't design his own stuff, but I could be wrong. Perhaps Vox designed the above outfit. That would really be impressive!

That 'gem' (the outfit every single female friend i have loves lol) was designed by MJ and Gianni Versace.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics