• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

Shouldn't you just mess around for 20 more years and then find your wife? Seems like a better financial decision.

Or am I just way too shallow?
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Marry both. At the same time. And don't tell them about each other! Then fake your own death and watch with amusement from afar at them attacking each other over your coffin.

This seems to be the only sensible option.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
doesn't matter but my friend says half your age + 7 years.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Marry both. At the same time. And don't tell them about each other! Then fake your own death and watch with amusement from afar at them attacking each other over your coffin.

This seems to be the only sensible option.

laugh.gif
Pure genius!
laugh.gif

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
doesn't matter but my friend says half your age + 7 years.
I've heard of this before. That'd be cool if, once married, your wife stayed that age (half your age + 7). Kind of like doggie years or something
colgate.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
things that make you go hmm...

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares? American marriages are a joke anyway and more than half end in divorce.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Who cares? American marriages are a joke anyway and more than half end in divorce.

Ah, so 1 vote for marry and divorce?

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

If you are finding your women insufficiently virile, the problem may be that you are looking for virility in a woman. Try men.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by B1FF
If you are finding your women insufficiently virile, the problem may be that you are looking for virility in a woman. Try men.

Wtf? I knew something was wrong with me
smile.gif

Let's just say "hot."

p.s. I feel like the pro athlete at a press conference using fancy vocabulary incorrectly.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleh, can't help it. My fiancee is 10 months older than I am. Somehow I always seem to end up with women just about a little older than my age. The last few I can think of were from +1 month to +4 years. In fact, the last woman I had that was younger than I was was in high school. Luckily my fiancee is Asian.
smile.gif
If my half-Chinese cutie grandma is anything to go by (plus obviously all the non-aging Asians I see around the place), I'm good.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Bleh, can't help it. My fiancee is 10 months older than I am.

Somehow I always seem to end up with women just about a little older than my age. The last few I can think of were from +1 month to +4 years. In fact, the last woman I had that was younger than I was was in high school.

Luckily my fiancee is Asian.
smile.gif
If my half-Chinese cutie grandma is anything to go by (plus obviously all the non-aging Asians I see around the place), I'm good.

Ah, perfect. Just the kind of guy I am looking for. Not trying to be too personal, but have you ever put much thought into this?

Are you just excepting of this, and love is more important?

Not trying to ruin your engagement
smile.gif

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I've thought about "aging" and wonder if I will cast my eye towards a "nubile, young thing" when I get older. I've seen it happen lots around me with my parents friends and with society in general.

However, I'm not going to give up a great thing for what could be. Our sex life is great, she's intelligent so we can talk (even if we have different interests), she treats me well, isn't materialistic and she's a looker. She isn't perfect but neither am I. There is way more good than bad in our relationship and it's not worth all of that just to have a younger woman.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think more important than aging is just preventing flabby upper arms. I can't stand those. I notice them more and more lately too
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads