1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chuckseabreeze, Nov 30, 2008.

1. melwoesblvd

melwoesblvd Senior member

im young, handsome and in shape. i want cash so that i can be the handsome old guy with time to enjoy it

2. customlover

customlover Member

I have decided I don't ever want to marry. Getting married means no more time for "play" [​IMG]

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I want two young 18 year old school girls...

Your mask is slipping...

4. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

In the past year I have developed a reasonable degree of experience with girls a decade or more younger than me. I can't do it. It feels weird to me. End up feeling like a dadmentortype person. This then creeps me out if I think about it at the wrong time, plus, I don't really feel like I am getting any stimulus from them, other than being reminded of what I was like at 22....
    Yeah I can understand that, I'm 25 and done with grad school, was flirting with a 19 year old who was just starting school and it brought back all these painful memories of being a confused freshman. her: "I just know I wanna do someth'n fabulous with my life," me: "mm hmm." ...but she was hot.

That being said, I've never really felt the need or got much out of a close, live-in girlfriend... maybe I just haven't me the right person, or I'm pathetically self-centered, but I just don't see the purpose. I guess if I ever wanted to marry someday I would try to find someone who'd let me sleep around (maybe allow her the same), cuz right now I can't imagine monogamy ever being possible with all the profoundly hot tail out there, and the way our society seems to flaunt it.

5. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

I find it hard to imagine there are many women with anything to offer that make it much past 30 without marrying. Of course there must be exceptions, but one of the safest assumptions a guy can make is that there is something glaringly wrong with single women over 30...

22 age is better for marry.

/end thread

6. dropout5

dropout5 Senior member

the way i figure it, my second wife hasn't been born yet...

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I find it hard to imagine there are many women with anything to offer that make it much past 30 without marrying. Of course there must be exceptions, but one of the safest assumptions a guy can make is that there is something glaringly wrong with single women over 30...

/end thread

Same would apply to single men over 30? Or maybe relationship end so people are sometimes single before and after 30...

8. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

No it doesn't apply to men at all. Our stock keeps rising after 30.

9. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

This is an interesting thread, as I've consistently dated girls a lot yoinger than me, as I've got older.

I'm 33 and my last GF was 21. My Gf before that was 24 when I was 30, and the Gf before that was 20 when I was 28.

The age gap does present problems though - they have no money, it can feel socially unacceptable when you're at a company dinner, and the Directors are 50 and their wives are 50 :O

I think 26 or 27 is more appropriate for my age perhaps, as it would also mean they have a better job [​IMG]

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Same would apply to single men over 30? Or maybe relationship end so people are sometimes single before and after 30...

Every time I come into a thread such as this I'm amazed by the immaturity and misogyny displayed by some.

I should be used to it by now.

11. Matt

Matt Senior member

12. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Now the question is, "Would you molest a five year old boy?"

FTFY

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

/end thread

a lot of female colleges of mine are single and in their 30's and even 40's. most of the time they just worked too hard and they never got married. a lot of the time these women doctors are very pretty/in shape/super educated/rich so its a "too much of a good thing syndrome" (where they are oogled at but ironically avoided) and end up just marrying younger residents and interns.

essentially they are in dominant male/masculine positions where they have the pick of the younger male litter.... but almost always have to be the pursuer.

i'm always under the assumption that ALL women have a scary crazy streak in them that can only be truly released during a relationship. so yes any woman above 30 who hasn't been married carries the burden of elevated risk of being batshit crazy beyond repair.

14. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

I live where the age of consent is 16. I am a happy man.

15. Svenn

Svenn Senior member

No it doesn't apply to men at all. Our stock keeps rising after 30.
    Well and moreover I don't think it's fair to say men shouldn't be able to date girls 8+ years younger than them... when every trait of our culture seems to promote that. A lot of us guys were stuck through grad school and demanding careers, and were essentially ignored as just a worthless, poor, young males for the first 10 years of our adult life. Now we got a career and some money, and all of a sudden we're 'attractive' in the eyes of many younger women. Right about this same time, women are getting older and less attractive and losing the power they had when they were young. Seems like a fair exchange to me.

a lot of female colleges of mine are single and in their 30's and even 40's. most of the time they just worked too hard and they never got married. a lot of the time these women doctors are very pretty/in shape/super educated/rich so its a "too much of a good thing syndrome" (where they are oogled at but ironically avoided) and end up just marrying younger residents and interns.

essentially they are in dominant male/masculine positions where they have the pick of the younger male litter.... but almost always have to be the pursuer.

i'm always under the assumption that ALL women have a scary crazy streak in them that can only be truly released during a relationship. so yes any woman above 30 who hasn't been married carries the burden of elevated risk of being batshit crazy beyond repair.

interesting, this is sort of the flip side of what I was saying above.

Another thing happening here is that women probably try a lot harder to keep bad relationships going even if they shouldn't, which carries a lot of those women into their 30's with their 'boyfriend', only to break up and be single.

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Every time I come into a thread such as this I'm amazed by the immaturity and misogyny displayed by some.

I should be used to it by now.

Well we do have a lot of professional thirty something single men who keep telling themselves that someday young hotties will like them. With women getting diplomas and getting more and more independant those uncool losers will keep on masturbating while dreaming of what they can never get.

17. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

Well we do have a lot of professional thirty something single men who keep telling themselves that someday young hotties will like them. With women getting diplomas and getting more and more independant those uncool losers will keep on masturbating while dreaming of what they can never get.

Don't burst my bubble [​IMG]

18. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

Has anyone considered the flip side? Don't girls find it creepy to date guys much older than them? Gold/passport/etc diggers excluded, obviously.

19. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

Has anyone considered the flip side? Don't girls find it creepy to date guys much older than them? Gold/passport/etc diggers excluded, obviously.
    Not sure what you mean by "much older." The odd thing is that...for whatever reason...many of them don't. That's why its so common. As an example, former Senator Fred Thompson, his much younger wife Jeri (a powerful lobbyist) and their children: [​IMG]

20. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

This thread makes me sad. I've developed a deep fear of getting old the past few months. Like 50+ is scaring/depressing the shit out of me. [​IMG]